User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thunder.tw View Post
    Ah the old make $hit up play. They qualified so it's pretty fckn hard to say they didn't try hard enough to win isn't it?? Now you might have a valid point if Bolt ran backwards.
    Bolt and Phelps did not do it, because they do not need to deal with the extra "meaningless" round. Can you imagine if they have to go through RR instead? I am pretty sure they will throw the last heat, if they have enough points to qualify.

That's why I say, IOC/BWF should take their share of blames for the sytem as well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DQs are not a strategy. If they are then they should be happy..... they got DQ'd

Always amusing to see someone 'go somewhere' then say "let's not go there". They didn't just engage in gamesmanship they made a complete fckn mockery of the game. There was no 'grey' area there was no 'murkyness'. They actually were warned and given a second chance at that point things should have been crystal clear to them.
    When I say DQ, I mean the entire incident. The cause of it, not the result. Seriously, I think you are the one having trouble to understand others...

Sure, it's easy to say they can be better actors. However, how to be a better actors, when both sides want to lose? That's conflict of interests. That will be equally (if not harder) than both want to win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for being hostile, I can not quite see the funny side of things today.

My personal opinion is that she has been severely punished for carrying out orders.

She probably thinks that it would give her country the best chance to win the Gold Medal.

As for her retirement message, please do not read it literally, she can not tell the truth, she just wants to vent her frustration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nonsense. In the few squash events that play out dead rubbers, the match is usually played 2/3 instead of 3/5. I have never seen anyone play hard in a meaningless match, if any matches are still to be played, and top players have lost "matches" to players they would beat 100 times out of 100.

This is about sports betting in London (big business) and ticket sales.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mcdogoo View Post
    My personal opinion is that she has been severely punished for carrying out orders.
    Well I'm guessing there are more than a few German guards who wish you had been a judge at Nuremberg.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I'm guessing there are more than a few German guards who wish you had been a judge at Nuremberg.
    Ding ding ding, you win one godwin point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    Drug policy is well written, and if you fail the actual doping test (hard evidence), then there's nothing much you can argue about.

The DQs, however are strategy (no, I do not like either), played on the gray area of the current format (round robin). Yes, it's obvious. However, in theory, for the argument sake, how you justify "how hard" and "how good" their performance suppose to be? Fine, let's not going there...

If you DQ them, you might as well DQ Bolt or Phelps, as I am pretty sure they did not win every single heat in the qualification round, before taking the gold in the final. So, they obviously did not "try hard" either.
    Bolt is a runner... he runs his heats to qualify. Phelps is a swimmer... he swims his heats to qualify. Badminton/Soccer/Vball TEAMs "play" their respective sport to qualify for the knockout rounds.

All is good so far. Except what I witnessed in person on Tuesday night, from the 5th row of court 2 was TOP ATHLETES "playing" their sport at the level of 4th graders. BOTH teams "competing" to LOSE. What investor(fan) would put their hard earn time and money to watch such a farce?

Perhaps they could of gotten away if it were so blatant. But it is what it is now. They **** on the IOC and got the reprisal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Waa Waa Waa, all I hear from some people here trying to defend her!

She cheated! Fact, end of!

These people dont deserve to be apart of the Olympic movement or the sport that so many of us love dearly! We dont need them to ruin the very fabric of the sport and sport in general! So heads out of the sand people and lets bring some credibility back to the sport and allow the sport to once again grow on the world stage, not just in China!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems like Chinese badmn team is throwing her under the bus.
    What are the chances of Yu playing for another country now that she's no longer part of the national team? How often do we see a teamless top ranked player with many years of competition left?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saw the news where LYB, WXL and Yu Yang apologised. Funny thing was, LYB doesnt look so apologetic.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gamelessx25 View Post
    Bolt is a runner... he runs his heats to qualify. Phelps is a swimmer... he swims his heats to qualify. Badminton/Soccer/Vball TEAMs "play" their respective sport to qualify for the knockout rounds.
    The problem is, Bolt / phelps have the better system, and all their effort are well spent, as every heat does count for the qualification. Imagine if you ask them do another one for whatever common wealth reason for free, you think they will do it or try to win it?

The 8 ladies did exactly what Bolt / Phelps did for the "meaningful" games. The messed up BWF format forced them not only get 1 more "extra" game, but also present a chance to take advantage. Yes, they played the gray area, but the system should be better planned to prevent such obvious issues.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is not an appropriate analogy when it is common practice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/zhongwen/simp/p...adminton.shtml

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please google "tennis betting scandal"Clean sports are the exception these days if there are any. I realize I am quite emotional, borderline hysterical today, for that, I do apologize.
    With tennis, any funny play, the punishment is swift. Also, politics is dealt with. I remember one Arab country trying to bar an Israeli player from the tournament. That country was fined some half a million by the WTA and warned about being taken off the WTA circuit. The sport is above the country, not the other way round. That s the greatness of tennis.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fanyy View Post
    Seems like Chinese badmn team is throwing her under the bus. What are the chances of Yu playing for another country now that she's no longer part of the national team? How often do we see a teamless top ranked player with many years of competition left?
    Well, now YY knows better. She had to take orders from LYB and then the rap for him. They even made sure to use her to blame BWF, just like LD spoke out to blame BWF. Would BWF still be beholden to LYB?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    With tennis, any funny play, the punishment is swift. Also, politics is dealt with. I remember one Arab country trying to bar an Israeli player from the tournament. That country was fined some half a million by the WTA and warned about being taken off the WTA circuit. The sport is above the country, not the other way round. That s the greatness of tennis.
    Maybe LYB will go after the games and the BWF will finally grow a pair of testies.
    Last edited by mcdogoo; 08-02-2012 at 11:54 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it interesting there are people in bc who thinks what they did was right...They were murdering people in front of police station and expect police to do nothing?All others match fixing is like murder but police lack evidences to convict and this one is too obvious...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is not an appropriate analogy when it is common practice.
    It wasn't an analogy, it was a wisecrack.

Look you seem to think this chick was a victim. That's complete nonsense. Maybe this will serve a lesson to others to stop screwing around with the game. I doubt it though, it always easier to blame someone else for your choices.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast