User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Yu Yang quits badminton over disqualification

In http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report...minton_1722998

Yu Yang said, "This was only so as to be able to compete better in the second round of the knockout (stage). This is the first time the Olympics has changed the (event's format). Don't they understand the harm this has caused the athletes?"

"You have heartlessly shattered our dreams," said Yu. "It's that simple, not complicated at all. But this is unforgiveable."

If she doesn't get that she's damaged the sport in the eyes of fans, Olympic audiences, etc., then good riddance. It would've been better for her to apologize and also mention that her coaches told her to do it and that she should've known better and resisted.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so sad yuyang is retiring, one of the best woman doubles players but a bad actress...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"bad actress..." LOL

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"This is my last time competing. Goodbye Badminton World Federation, goodbye my beloved badminton," Yu Yang said on her microblog Weibo. If you love something so much, you would do your best no matter what. Thousands of people would want to have your talent and training -- but you've squandered your good fortune by being more concerned with strategy rather than always doing your best.
    Last edited by vip_m; 08-02-2012 at 01:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good riddance! Please take the rest of the cheats with you and dont come back to our sport!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man! She just has no ability to grasp the concept of honor or personal responsibility. After reading her words it's easy to understand why she was incapable of understanding the seriousness of the Umpire.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yu Yang has her own fault in this case, but she's the little fish in this tank. However, she (and 7 others) suffer the most, up to this moment. The sad thing is, not only her competition career end in such a tragedy, her possible future career (endorsement, coaching, play in professional club, etc) all take a big blow, due to the damaged image.

Yes, she's at fault, but she does not deserve to take the blame by herself (ok, with 7 others). It's a sad day for the sport, as this is much more of a "political decision" rather than any competition meaning.

Personally, I wish her the best, as her hardworking and brilliant career deserve a much better summary than the last minute bashings.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feel really bad for her, a great player as such must retire at her golden age as if the DQ itself is not enough

well, the rest of WD players now will have better chances with the gone of the mightiest!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vip_m View Post
    "This is my last time competing. Goodbye Badminton World Federation, goodbye my beloved badminton," Yu Yang said on her microblog Weibo. If you love something so much, you would do your best no matter what. Thousands of people would want to have your talent and training -- but you've squandered your good fortune by being more concerned with strategy rather than always doing your best.
    she not only spoil her name, she spoil the image of badminton...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For her statement, it is obvious in her eyes, it is ok to do anything to win. It is ok to screw the other party as long as it benefits her & China.

Can we blame her, it is LYB's SOP. No, I am not going to miss her one bit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well on the positive. If Canada can get a medal she can come here to Vancouver and Coach. She'll be a national hero here.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rogerv2 View Post
    For her statement, it is obvious in her eyes, it is ok to do anything to win. It is ok to screw the other party as long as it benefits her & China.

Can we blame her, it is LYB's SOP. No, I am not going to miss her one bit.
    Or, for some so call honest fans, it is ok to do anything to CHN, as long as the non-CHN benefits??? Remember, CHN, KOR and INA are the ones (and DEN and MAS) sacrifies their own players and chances, to spread the common wealth for the OG badminton event to begin with.

Are they at fault? Yeah. But please, there's no need to dig to the bones, once the tragedy is already done. It's a sad day for the sport, because there's so much politics got involved.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    Or, for some so call honest fans, it is ok to do anything to CHN, as long as the non-CHN benefits??? Remember, CHN, KOR and INA are the ones (and DEN and MAS) sacrifies their own players and chances, to spread the common wealth for the OG badminton event to begin with.

Are they at fault? Yeah. But please, there's no need to dig to the bones, once the tragedy is already done. It's a sad day for the sport, because there's so much politics got involved.
    dont see any politics involve, its a clear case of misconduct

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    dont see any politics involve, its a clear case of misconduct
    Of course, you and many others will say that. Just as many of us can say, politics definitely get involved. Whether you intentional or unintentional believe OG is still purely sports only, then I can only say either me or yourself does not reside on this planet too often...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    Of course, you and many others will say that. Just as many of us can say, politics definitely get involved. Whether you intentional or unintentional believe OG is still purely sports only, then I can only say either me or yourself does not reside on this planet too often...
    only a special few like you believe politics are involved...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    only a special few like you believe politics are involved...
    I am very honored to be the very few who still have a bit common sense.

If there's no politics, why even bother with "limited entries per country, to share the common wealth in global". No, I am not talking about badminton, I am talking about all events.

If I remembered correctly, OG spirit is to get the best of the best to compete, but not to invite as many nations as possible. The Greeks played the games thousands of years ago, to award the best atheltes, but not use it as a political welfare for the media coverage or "smooth some losers' feeling".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PBSI admitted that was a strategy to avoid China rather than to blame their players like China
    i',m sure if LYB or China badminton Association did like PBSI, YU Yang wouldn't quit

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast