User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Results 103 to 110 of 110
  1. #103
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,724
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Meanwhile, check this out:
    China's head coach Li Yongbo has also issued an apology after the world number one pairing pair of Yu Yang and Wang Xiaoli were also disqualified as part of the controversy.
    Yu also went on Chinese state television to say:"First of all, I want to apologise to our fans. We didn't play with the Olympic spirit. It has reflected very badly on us."

    source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19116701

    Already singing a different tune, eh? Not very bright...

  2. #104
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    222
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Meanwhile, check this out:
    China's head coach Li Yongbo has also issued an apology after the world number one pairing pair of Yu Yang and Wang Xiaoli were also disqualified as part of the controversy.
    Yu also went on Chinese state television to say:"First of all, I want to apologise to our fans. We didn't play with the Olympic spirit. It has reflected very badly on us."

    source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19116701

    Already singing a different tune, eh? Not very bright...
    He has to take some responsibility.
    The coaches could have just said, "hey, stop this. It isn't right" at any of the breaks. They didn't and that's on them as well.

  3. #105
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,989
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mindfields View Post
    He has to take some responsibility.
    The coaches could have just said, "hey, stop this. It isn't right" at any of the breaks. They didn't and that's on them as well.
    I think he did the right thing to apologize to the Chineese fans for not performing the best. But it doesnt give LYB any moral points in my book. If there had been no disqualifications and China had taken Gold+Silver, my guess is that he would sing a different tune, and tell media, that he is proud of doing it to give his country both Gold and Silver medals..

    What I can't stand is the hypocracy.. But by any yardstick the biggest hypocratcy is from the Organizers, BWF and IOC in this mess!!! It is never about what you "say".. its all about what you "do" !!!

  4. #106
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    [0,0,0]
    Posts
    497
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fanyy View Post
    This may be a glass half full situation for Yu. She now has the opportunity to play somewhere else.
    Heh Heh, yeah, Siberia.

  5. #107
    Moderator cobalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arrakis
    Posts
    8,724
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thunder.tw View Post
    Heh Heh, yeah, Siberia.
    Don't be too surprised if she's back in the team with WXL in a couple of months.

  6. #108
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    [0,0,0]
    Posts
    497
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Don't be too surprised if she's back in the team with WXL in a couple of months.
    I actually hope so. While I feel she deserved the DQ and I have no respect for her subsequent comments, I felt a little nauseated by how she has apparently been thrown under the bus by the Chinese team (assuming she was ordered to throw the match that is).

  7. #109
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brunei Darussalam
    Posts
    1,689
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt View Post
    Meanwhile, check this out:
    China's head coach Li Yongbo has also issued an apology after the world number one pairing pair of Yu Yang and Wang Xiaoli were also disqualified as part of the controversy.
    Yu also went on Chinese state television to say:"First of all, I want to apologise to our fans. We didn't play with the Olympic spirit. It has reflected very badly on us."

    source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19116701

    Already singing a different tune, eh? Not very bright...
    thats right! It has reflected very badly on China team

  8. #110
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    114
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Watch 2:02-2:10.
    Yu Yang is back!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUeQo...eature=g-all-u

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •