Why did they have so bad acting?

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by MeowMeowCats, Aug 2, 2012.

1. MeowMeowCats

MeowMeowCats Regular Member

I mean, I can't find a video of the full match because of copyright laws. Does anyone have it?
    But I was watching a short clip on the news and other places too, but they were really bad at acting. It was blatant obvious. Why did they have such bad acting, did they not really think? I mean at least try to serve over the net or rally a bit.
    And also, if they continue round robin players will try to lose, but they won't make it obvious. It isn't that hard to make it look like you tried.

I also fell bad for Yu, her career ended on a horrible note. She is quiting badminton because of it, which basically was her life.

Opinion?

2. dontmakeme

dontmakeme Regular Member

student
    Both teams wanted to lose therefore when one team was winning they had to hit it into the net and not over the net because the other team can counter lose by hitting into the net or out and that would perhaps ensure their loss. Therefore, there was nothing to hide they both wanted to lose therefore they just hit it into the net. In the end, they both lost due to disqualification. In my opinion, if they wanted to match make they should have just faked an injury or just be sick on the day and auto lose. I believe the pairs wanted to actually play but because both pairs wanted to lose they set themselves up for disqualification as BWF/Olympic took this matter much more serious.

3. Voltric

Voltric Regular Member

What happens if both pairs get sick at the same time? :)

4. dontmakeme

dontmakeme Regular Member

student
    Probably draw