how early to arrive at wembley arena?

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by pwimsey, Aug 2, 2012.

1. pwimsey

pwimsey Regular Member

i have a 9am morning session. how early should i arrive for security etc? website recommends 90min, but that is difficult as travel to london will take almost 2 hours.

2. mcdogoo

mcdogoo Regular Member

You must note that Tube journey from any London railway terminals to Wembley Park station takes 30 minutes minimum, the walk from Wembley Park station to Wembley arena takes another 20 minutes.

Security does not take too long for last year's World Championship, maybe 20 - 30 minutes from queuing to getting to seats.

#2 mcdogoo, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  3. Chimmey

Chimmey Regular Member

IT
    Hi, Just done this earlier. Walk from Tube was only 10mins. Ticket collection was maybe 15mins and we walked straight through security so really easy. Staff are everywhere so dont worry about where to go.
    Stayed at the hilton plaza round the corner the night before for 68Pounds and I think they still have rooms and you get to see alot of players milling around!

4. Andy05

Andy05 Regular Member

Badminton Geek
    I was able to travel by bus to the tube then 4 zones on the tube and walk into Wembley in 46 minutes.
    I walked a couple to the ticket desk this morning and there was nobody there at 7.30am, the queue to go in was maybe 30 people deep.
    There's a lot of staff so security goes quickly provided you aren't bringing too many items in.