Sorry if I am wrong for the Chinese media's with regard to the disqualified pair

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by bura836, Aug 2, 2012.

1. bura836

bura836 Regular Member

accountant
    I have just watched CCTV5 playing the table tennis and after completed, it showed the Badminton news of which I did not understand much but I could guess it was about the women pair disqualified in the olympic game because of attempt to lose the match. It was however show the match of Korea and Indonesia instead which I tend to think that the Chinese media was trying not to mention about their country's shame or not.

Sorry if i am wrong because I could not understand chinese language but when they talk about this they should show the Korea - Chn of Yuyang Wangxiamli instead because the match were more widely spread in the internet and much more talk about match.

I still doubt if the CHN team and country feel guilty and sorry about it. Shame my favorite team as they always blame the other's not themselves.

2. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

The govt media always believe that they have credibility and assume the people only have one source of news: them. It also indicates they perceive their audience as gullible. My guess is CHN will behave like before but remember to do right only in OG.

3. mcdogoo

mcdogoo Regular Member

CCTV 5 is a sports channel.

4. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    after london2012, all players need to go through 3 months of acting classes

5. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Who owns it?

6. runningpig001

runningpig001 Regular Member

Your post has a too strong bias. There are so many videos in which CCTV5 reports the event.
    As for the particular video bura836 talked about, I guess it talked about the two matches palyed by the two KOR pairs and CHN and IND, so they technically 'edit' the video to show the match played by KOR and IND only. This kind of 'EDITING' is used in every media, especially the western media.

Blame the BWF first please! Stupid rule makes good person bad.

#6 runningpig001, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  7. mcdogoo

mcdogoo Regular Member

8. MHHung

MHHung Regular Member

Hi man, you are very talent, you can write too much despite you don't understand what people said! I admire you very much.

9. sshuang90

sshuang90 Regular Member

"they always blame the other's not themselves."

I don't know what you are talking about. Among the 4 pairs or three teams got disqualified, the Chinese team was the only who did not appeal but accept the rule. And the head coach already apologized. I don't know if the coaches of the other teams have done that.

Btw, I do not think we could blame the players. It's the rules to blame. If you have read Gail Emms comment, I totally agree with her.

#9 sshuang90, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  10. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    It's the nation's media, so it will act like way.

In addition, I was referring to the news on youtube, which first showed KOR vs. INA, then CHN vs. KOR. Plus, in theory, KOR has 2 pairs, while CHN and INA has 1. So, for argument sake, What's wrong to put the 50% instead of 25% in the front.

Try to read the western media, most of them only like CHN (Yu/Wang), while did not or barely listed KOR/INA. Tell me what's that for. I am trying to dig out some good news for CHN (or Asia) in general, as CHN is the current medal leader and KOR and JPN doing fairly decent as well. Guess what all I got:

1. Doping: even Ye already passed the tests
    2. Child abuse: still feel bad for Wu (but another family influence story was in "Team Mom" regarding wrestler C. Henry, even his mom was illegal immigrant, but they treat her as a hero)
    3. Badminton scandal: fine, they got caught. What about the positive news such as Lin-Lee show down, CHN sweep Gold/Silver in XD, Going to sweep gold/Silver/or maybe bronze in WS?

Seriously, if US or western players sweep an event, you think that will be flying under the radar???

Once you control the media, feel free to use it as your own advantage.

11. sshuang90

sshuang90 Regular Member

I think it was really a shame to make a comment on something you do not understand a word. It's actually much more biase than what you tried to criticize based on your pure assumptions.

12. kctho

kctho Regular Member

Beg your pardon,
    Stupid rule makes WEAK person bad.

Anyway i think the players are pawns in these. If the players are strong and with integrity, They should do they honourable

13. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Who instigated the despicable ,conserving energy, tactics? Yu Yang, right? Why? Because she wanted to lose in 20 min instead of 40, she indirectly forced the others to play anti-badminton.

14. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    As far as I know, the Chinese media has been very critical of the match-throwing, some even calling for the firing of LYB.

15. runningpig001

I hope you are not saying Yu/Wang who have been world NO. 1 for a looooooong time are WEAK...

To me, It's just a strategy thing in which they wanted to avoid fighting against world NO. 2 which happened to be from CHN too.

As for the two KOR pairs and IND pair, I am not sure if your judgement would fit.

16. runningpig001

It's quite a controversy. Some are quite critical while some think it was forgivable.

After the British cyclist crashing on purpose to win a gold medal, the media has been rethinking it with more examples to compare.

17. runningpig001

I hope you are not saying Yu/Wang who have been world NO. 1 for a looooooong time are WEAK...

To me, It's just a strategy thing in which they wanted to avoid fighting against world NO. 2 which happened to be from CHN too.

As for the two KOR pairs and IND pair, I am not sure if your judgement would fit.

18. runningpig001

It's quite a controversy. Some are quite critical while some think it was forgivable.

After the British cyclist crashing on purpose to win a gold medal, the media has been rethinking it with more examples to compare.

19. kctho

kctho Regular Member

Gosh, physical strong doesn't mean they are mentally and morally strong.

20. runningpig001

Do you think the British cyclists strong?
    Physically, mentally and morally