times are a changin

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Schmetterball, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Schmetterball

Schmetterball New Member

Professional
    Hi there,

just found this forum - great resource!

Starting up the sport again after a 20-year hiatus (I played competitively from age 6 through my early 20's, then college, work, ... etc.)

Looks like a lot has changed (new point system? interesting ... makes for a much more dynamic game, it seems)

Anyways, I've got a Cab8 left from the olden days, and am looking to update my racket arsenal, since I figure that today's rackets will yield a lot of benefits. I have to say, the market was a lot easier 20 years ago. No more local Badminton shops or independent reps (i.e., no oppty to test rackets), amazing (confusing) variety of styles, shapes, materials, ... in other words, it seems like a daunting task to find a good fit racket.

I'm a tall, athletic player with well-developed technique, more of a technical player than a power player.

I realize this question may not lead to my perfect racket... but I'm looking for a tried and proven middle-of-the-road starting point.

Any suggestions? I did a search before I wrote this, and it seems that maybe the new Cab21 or the Victor SW-37 may be such choices.

Thanks for any input!

2. decoy

decoy Regular Member

You might want to look at the middle of the road arcsabers. Arc009dx and 008 and such. I think there are a few local stores in San Francisco? Like badminton alley, synergy badminton and badminton avenue? I may be way off there but I think they're in your area.