Very confused

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by kelaita, Aug 2, 2012.

1. kelaita

kelaita New Member

Faculty
    Why are light, head light rackets recommended for beginners? As I beginner, I don't have enough power to clear a shot to the baseline. Why would I want a light racket that doesn't give me enough power? Very confused! Someone please explain!

2. LightSaber

LightSaber Regular Member

Smasher
    i think beginners should start with mid flex, even balance racket.

TO have enough power you need a flex shaft racket. and even balance will help you to decide either want to play an attacking style or defensive style.

3. Gunnersfan

Gunnersfan Regular Member

Student
    because head heavy racket would tire a beginners quickly.....
    if you dont have a proper training, you'll tire yourself quickly especially your hand.....
    when you just hold the racket you may don't feel big difference but when you swing the racket you'll feel the difference(the heaviness)...
    to help with the power loss from head light, a flexible or medium flexible is recommended for beginners...
    example: NS100, ARC001, ARC002, NR20

4. kelaita

kelaita New Member

Faculty
    Thank you both. I was leaning towards Nanoray 700fx because it is light, head light, but has a lot of repulsion for clearing shots easily.

Arcs on the other hand are more for control and accuracy, and have smaller frames for reduced air resistance. I definitely don't want those. Voltrics also have reduced frame to make up for the fact that they are so head heavy.

So that makes Nanoray the best option. What do you think?

5. Desouled

Desouled Regular Member

Desk
    Rich taste for a beginner... I'd hesistate to start someone off with a Nanoray on the basis that head-light rackets do worse than the head heavy's when it comes to weight transfer during the swing.

Actually, to protect your purse, you might want to give the Voltric 7 a try. It's head heavy, which allows more ease in your swings, and it's 4U, which grants you more time on the racket before your arms start to feel like jelly.

Once you get the hang of distance-measuring your swings and the technique to do it repeatedly without tiring yourself out, you can consider the variations in overall weight and balance.

Flex of the racket also affords you an easier time clearing, but be prepared for a decrease in accuracy.

Hope this helps!

6. Gunnersfan

Gunnersfan Regular Member

Student

only arcsaber z-slash and voltric z-force have a compacted frame, the rest is the same isometric head....
    the differences is just the shape of the frame section, either aero, box or aero+box.....
    about NR700fx, it's up to you.....
    like desouled said, that's a rich taste for a beginner.....
    imo, for a beginner, ordinary racket is enough, even i started with yonex b-450, a very heavy aluminium racket....
    who knows when you developed some technique and strength you may find NR700fx is too light for you....
    my advice is just get ARC001 or ARC002 and go to a coach to train your techniques, arm and wrist.....
    it's more worthy than getting a NR700fx....
    when you in intermediate level, then you decide if you need another racket or not.....
    remember that a good racket doesn't make up a god technique....