User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Regular Member jug8man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    2,082
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Malaysia Open 03 Autographs

    hi. i'm guessing this is way over-due but i havent actually been a tech-savy kind of guy since perhaps very recently.

    so here are a bunch of scans of autographs a small bunch of individuals (includding yours trully ) collected during the 2003 malaysian open.

    the highlight of these pics / autographs are that it was all signed on the All England 2003 Programme Booklet, and when possible the players were made to sign either next to their pictures or (second best) names.

    so feast your eyes ladies & gentlemen.

    jug
    Attached Images Attached Images            

  2. #2
    Regular Member jug8man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    2,082
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    here's something that'll even make Gade Camilla jealous

    Gade is such a cool guy. he was so nice when i asked him for his autograph a very warm personality kinda guy. it figures why he's got such a large fan base among other reasons (ie coz he's just that good!!!)

    Camilla Martin was the hardest one for me to approach. you know with her reputation about her temper and all that. she can just look so intimidating! she had just finished her training session and she had that really ice cold-serious look in her face..... but i just toughen up and pulled my guts together and went up to her

    getting her autograph was very quick. just zapp and it was over and im like YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I GOT CAMILLA'S AUTOGRAPH!!!!! and i said thank you and that was it. it was the best achievement kinda thing you could rate when going on an autograph hunting session you know what i mean

    any way KJ and Boesen was also around and the pics tell the rest of the story!


    jug
    Attached Images Attached Images    

  3. #3
    Regular Member jug8man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    2,082
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    here's the autographs from our very own JR and his partner Paaske as well

    not to forget Kim Dong Moon, Ra Kyung Min, and Gong Ruina

    im not sure if JR remembers tho .......
    but perhaps Paaske, Gade and the others will remember "WHO IS THIS ODD CHAP ASKING ME TO SIGN MY NAME WITH A GREEN MARKER?!?!?!"

    jug
    Attached Images Attached Images    

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    PJ, Mal
    Posts
    582
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jug8man
    im not sure if JR remembers tho .......
    but perhaps Paaske, Gade and the others will remember "WHO IS THIS ODD CHAP ASKING ME TO SIGN MY NAME WITH A GREEN MARKER?!?!?!"
    well, at least they can't deny ever obligiing you... with green signatures. by the way, why make them sign on paper full of words and pics? .. the pamphlets are a good read.

    (p/s you're an early bird, aren't you? )

  5. #5
    Regular Member jug8man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    2,082
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anatolii
    well, at least they can't deny ever obligiing you... with green signatures. by the way, why make them sign on paper full of words and pics? .. the pamphlets are a good read.

    (p/s you're an early bird, aren't you? )
    the opposite. i can be quite the insomniac

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Netherlands, Pakistan
    Posts
    142
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    OK Can any1 plzzzz tell me what are these? Magazines? Badminton Brochures? Do u only get them b4 the tourney? If these are badminton magazines, plz tell me where to get them!!!!!!

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    2,214
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jug8man
    the highlight of these pics / autographs are that it was all signed on the All England 2003 Programme Booklet, and when possible the players were made to sign either next to their pictures or (second best) names.
    Here it is ...

    -dave

  8. #8
    Regular Member jug8man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    2,082
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    maybe JR could get some (programme booklet magazines) from the 2005 events and auction them of in our charity auction forum?????????!!!!!!!!!!!????????????

    jug.

  9. #9
    Regular Member jug8man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    2,082
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ah, walking backdown memory lane.....

    This thread brings back so many memories. One of the best experience I had here was walking up to Gail Emms during practice to ask for an autograph right next to her picture. She seemed so pleasently surprised that badminton addicts / people from this side of the world knew who she was even back then.

    I can remember her as a nice down to earth young lady just making headway in Badminton.

    Cheers

    TBBMBB(N)

    p.s. Another interesting thing i noticed is that I used to sign out as 'jug'. Oh how passe

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    London & Penang
    Posts
    6,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jug8man
    Ah, walking backdown memory lane.....

    This thread brings back so many memories. One of the best experience I had here was walking up to Gail Emms during practice to ask for an autograph right next to her picture. She seemed so pleasently surprised that badminton addicts / people from this side of the world knew who she was even back then.

    I can remember her as a nice down to earth young lady just making headway in Badminton.

    Cheers

    TBBMBB(N)

    p.s. Another interesting thing i noticed is that I used to sign out as 'jug'. Oh how passe
    hahaha, you're a freak!

    but i know what you mean, you know you're getting old when you spend more and more time reminiscing about the past ...

  11. #11
    Regular Member jug8man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    2,082
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamzz
    hahaha, you're a freak!

    but i know what you mean, you know you're getting old when you spend more and more time reminiscing about the past ...
    Wah! thank you for reminding me so politely

    Hehe. Its was nice having the Malaysian Open at KK. i wonder when the next time will be....

Similar Threads

  1. FS: Autographs by Malayan Thomas Cup Team 1948-49 on a postcard
    By cheahcm in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 3
    : 07-28-2011, 10:44 AM
  2. autographs, anyone
    By da ding in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 491
    : 07-28-2011, 07:19 AM
  3. result of malaysia open and malaysia sponsor?
    By yydee in forum General Forum
    Replies: 2
    : 12-18-2006, 09:49 PM
  4. autographs given out during China Master
    By kemana in forum China Masters 2005 / Indonesian Open 2005
    Replies: 6
    : 09-29-2005, 08:09 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •