2012 Olympics Day 8 (Sat Aug 4th) - WS/WD final - MD semi

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by kwun, Aug 3, 2012.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    IOC control their show so strictly that we are finding info quite different from how we usually obtain our Badminton results, live scores, live streaming, etc., etc., ...

Anyway, here are some links:

For Schedule of Matches;
    http://www.london2012.com/badminton/schedule-and-results/day=4-august/all-day.html
    and/or
    http://tournamentsoftware.com/sport/...17A&d=20120729

For Time in London;
    http://www.worldtimeserver.com/current_time_in_GB.aspx

For our BC PAW Game;
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...cs-LONDON-2012

For Live Streaming;
    Perhaps BCers from different countries can post the links that are working for their regions. Different countries sometimes cannot use the same links. Here is what IOC informed us (how to watch live);
    http://www.olympic.org/content/broadcaster-home/
    and/or
    http://www.youtube.com/user/olympic
    and/or (from info from our BCers)
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...am-London-2012

Schedule:

9am: Cai Yun / Fu Haifeng (CHN) vs. Koo Kien Keat / Tan Boon Heong (MAS)
    9.45am: Matthias Boe / Carsten Mogensen (DEN) vs. Chung Jae Sung / Lee Yong Dae (KOR)

10.30am: Valeria Sorokina / Nina Vislova (RUS) vs. Alex Bruce / Michelle Li (CAN)
    1.30pm: Saina Nehwal (IND) vs. Wang Xin (CHN)

2.15pm: Wang Yihan (CHN) vs. Li Xuerui (CHN)
    3.45pm: Tian Qing / Zhao Yunlei (CHN) vs. Mizuki Fujii / Reika Kakiiwa (JPN)

ENJOY THE GAME!

2. V1lau

V1lau Regular Member

Net Play and Counter Attack
    I can't believe LXR's rise, I didn't know who she was last year and now she has to a chance to capture the top prize.

I think the Japanese WD got a lucky break, in my opinion it would be really upsetting if they won as I feel they might have done a little manipulation themselves, but I can't prove that from the match they played.

3. V1lau

V1lau Regular Member

Net Play and Counter Attack
    The Malaysian training camp apparently was top notch, looks to be an exciting evening of MD. Surprised by KK/TB to have made it, but I think CY/FF to experienced and I think CY will take the net away from KK and that will be the difference. I hate BoMo technically just Bo, but it's enough for me to cheer for their loss, so hope the Korean take them out. Hoping for a CY/FF and LD/JS final.

4. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    predictions is getting more and more difficult.

MD:

the 4 pair of men's doubles are very very close, with probably CY/FHF and LYD/JJS slightly ahead of the other 2 pairs. and it seems that the seeding system might have worked out the way it should. so here i think the finals will be:

Cai Yun / Fu Haifeng vs. Lee Yong Dae / Jung Jae Sung

but seriously, all are 55/45 advantage, not slamdunk for sure.

WS Gold:

Li Xuerui vs. Wang Yihan - poor Wang Yihan has to do the most important work of disposing the biggest Chinese threats, most importantly Saina. however, personally i like LXR style of play much better and even their h2h shows that LXR has a lead over Wang Yihan. i am going to vote for Li Xuerui and prove that the choice of qualifying her instead of Wang Shixian is the right one.

WS Bronze:

Wang Xin. Wang Xin because of her explosive, formula 1 style of play. what a sight when she managed to keep it in top gear.

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    WD Gold:

I suspect this will be a close game, the Japanese girls will not give up without a fight. but in the end, i think Zhao Yunlei/Tian Qing will prevail in 3 games.

WD Bronze:

as must as i want to see a N. American winner, i think the Russians will prevail.

6. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    is it me, or does Li Xue Rui plays like Lin Dan, at least the way she swings her racket???

7. jamesd20

jamesd20 Moderator

Construction
    LXR is less disciplined in her style than LD. She plays flat out and needs to learn to control the mathes more.

Somexcited for the final though....WYH favourite for me.

Cai/Fu...am praying to have them to win.....will cap a memorable career for bothe of them. LYD appears to me a unfulfilled talent ( a LOT of talent )

8. Aikachan

Aikachan Regular Member

Freelance editor/Aspiring writer (someday) :)
    If the JPN pair wants to win or give one heck of a fight against CHN pair, they should be more aggressive in attacks and dont wait too patiently for their opponents to make mistakes/the opportunity to score points....Ive commented on this many times already :crying:

As for MD semis....I chose to safeguard my mental health and put no faith in Koo/Tan...just in case :p

9. jkkwongnz

jkkwongnz Regular Member

doctor
    WS:
    LXR has proved the decision to choose her was right by reaching the final to meet WYH. I think she has achieved what is expected from her. I believe both of them have equal chance to win. WYH may have sl edge in view of her experience in the big events. However, if LXR can cut down her unforced errors she can beat WYH tonight. It is the dream final between the top two WS at the moment.

WD:
    ZYL and TQ will take this one. They will fight for their teammates who I think was treated unfairly by BWF stupid decision. It is crucial oppurtunity for ZYL to make history and I believe she will go all out tonight.

MD:
    I predict Cai/Fu and LYD and JJS to make to the final

10. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

WD Bronze : imo, it is 50-50...basically it'll come down to whichever pair want it & are motivated to play for the Bronze medal & from what i've heard & seen so far inside the stadium, there are much more Canadian supporters..

For WS Final, WYH should win the title, to cap off a tremendous turnaround in the last yr and a half or so, as she did most of the work esp. in eliminating Saina...Li XR can wait another 4 yrs..

oh and the WD Final, CHN should be able to bring back the Gold medal for their now-banned-compatriots..

#10 ctjcad, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i think koo/tan will advance to final

12. keroppi

keroppi Regular Member

I hope so.....:p

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    so far koo/tan never lost in major tournament semi final it seem
    whenever they are on form for major,they either win it or lost in final.
    they reach 2 ae final,2 ag final and one wc final
    won 2,lost 3

14. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

Playing against CY/FHF or LYD/CJSin MD is like LCW playing against LD in MS.................so KKK/TBH have to play 120%in all aspects in order to win the battle..............hard but possible!

15. sugianto

sugianto New Member

student
    To sum up I will support every player with Yonex racket so that Yonex's tradition is still kept, unlike Indonesia's tradition.

1. Cai Yun / Fu Haifeng (CHN) vs. Koo Kien Keat / Tan Boon Heong (MAS)
    I will give my support my neighbor, MAS.
    2. Matthias Boe / Carsten Mogensen (DEN) vs. Chung Jae Sung / Lee Yong Dae (KOR)
    I favor DEN pair. DEN team so far is very consistent these years but rarely (or never) win the top prize (Thomas/Uber Cup and Olympic Gold). It's about the time for them to grab the Gold to satisfy every DEN players desire.
    3. Valeria Sorokina / Nina Vislova (RUS) vs. Alex Bruce / Michelle Li (CAN)
    I'm afraid whoever win this will always shadowed by the unfortunate incident. Some people might comment that they are just lucky. Few will understand while they're indeed lucky (which is part of the game), their hard-work and and Olympic spirit (yes, they might be "do" it given the same condition) playing an important role here. I don't mind whoever win this.
    4. Saina Nehwal (IND) vs. Wang Xin (CHN)
    I like WX play, unfortunately she's no longer Yonex user so do your best Ms. Saina.
    5. Wang Yihan (CHN) vs. Li Xuerui (CHN)
    WYH, because she "disposed" most of CHN's threat in WS. Some rewards should be given to her to make the coach and supporter more relax (relieve some tense).
    6. Tian Qing / Zhao Yunlei (CHN) vs. Mizuki Fujii / Reika Kakiiwa (JPN)
    The CHN pair want to win this for their comrade and to create a history. On the other hand JPN pair is in tricky situation. If they lose, some people might say : "serve you right, anyway you don't deserve it". If they win this a lot of people will yell : "injustice, you are suspiciously participate in match fixing too, but just not enough legitimate proof". Win or lose, it will always follow them forever. OK, I will support this JPN pair for the very first time because of their delicate situation.

EDIT : server -> serves -> serve

#15 sugianto, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  16. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

If the Canadians can play like they did in the semi-finals, they stand a real chance for a bronze. That would be huge!

17. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

woow! you are a hardcore fan of Yonex i assumed? :D

18. sugianto

sugianto New Member

student
    By all means I'm not. I'm part of "hypocrite" people who don't want the CHN team takes all the gold, but I'm never anti-CHN team. On top of that, I can no longer support Indonesian player but still want to share my joy and bitter filling here. Therefore, I can only be Yonex supporter.:)

19. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Looks like tian qing/zhao yun lei must really 'thank' their team mate yu yang wang xiao li after today's final...:D

20. visor

visor Regular Member

35 mins to go, then we'll see how the new and improved koo/tan will fare against the ever strong cai/fu