Saina Nehwal gift.

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by coachgary, Aug 5, 2012.

1. coachgary

coachgary Regular Member

After winning bronze Saina gifts a signed racket to one of our players from Carmarthen Junior badminton Club.
    There were 4 players from our club as part of the volunteer team of Olympic Games Makers. I can't wait for them to come back to club to hear stories of this amazing experience.

A superb gift of inspiration to all. Watching Saina play.

Gary

2. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Delighted for your club!

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    It didn't happen if we can't see the pics! :D

4. coachgary

coachgary Regular Member

5. XtC-604

XtC-604 Regular Member

Store Manager
    Yea no doubt she got a "gift". Wang Xin would of demolished her. Bad sportsmanship or shall i say sportswomanship on her part.

6. naim564

naim564 Regular Member

IT Engineer
    any kind of medal was reqd for Indian Badminton team.. by win or by gift!!!

7. XtC-604

XtC-604 Regular Member

Store Manager
    The biggest problem i have with this woman, is her arrogance. The statements she made after the match was absolutely unnecessary and unfounded. She has a losing record against any of the Chinese players. I sure hope Wang Xin gets better soon, so she can smash cocks and sense into this crazed woman.

8. barnana

barnana Regular Member

what did she say, that had offended you?

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

What happened to Wang Xin was an unfortunate tragedy and it appeared Saina got a gift as a result. But I'm sure they both didn't want it that way. What was Saina to do there and then after the bronze medal match was awarded to her? Refused to accept it and openly declare "Nope,that's not how I want to win it, wait till Wang Xin is fully recovered,then we play another match to decide who takes the bronze"?

In life we win some and lose some. Certain things are beyond anyone's control. Live and let live. Peace.:)

Sayaka Sato and the Polish player also had their Olympic quests cut short by injury; Tago was sensationally humbled by an unknown who became Sri Lanka's national accidental hero;Sung JH was unexpectedly booted out by a resurgent unfancied YipPY; Taufik ended his illustrious career on a whimper; Lee CW and Wang Yihan didn't quite get what they strove for, etc,etc. Let's look forward..., on to Rio 2016. Cheers!

10. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i guess, just taking from whatever's mentioned in this particular thread (since i have no idea what Saina said), she felt the need to justify her win and because she was proud of how far she has gone. i understood that part. when you're trying so hard to play someone to prove to the world that you can win a medal, but that opportunity was stripped away and instead you were just given the medal, it doesn't feel good. also she might be thinking that people watching would think that the only reason why she got the bronze was that Wang Xin got hurt. i'm not saying whether what she said was appropriate or not given the information from this thread, but i'm just wondering if that was a more sincere less arrogant emotion behind what she said?

11. XtC-604

XtC-604 Regular Member

Store Manager
    [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans]"It's sad, of course, but I was very confident that in the second game I could pull it off. Maybe she said 'Maybe I don't want to play'," she said.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans]Speculating that Wang Xin retired to flee from her? Really? Even after the on-site doc's prognoses was ligament damage? Yes you want to feel good after winning a medal, but blatantly saying you would of beaten them after getting ripped open in the first set and lose the first point of the second, not to mention KNOWING the doctor's prognoses ?[/FONT]

12. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    So, this thread is actually your's, and it's about a gift that Saina gave to one of your players. I'm sorry it's taken off in another direction... but I look forward to your sharing their stories with us, when you have a moment! :)

13. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Another typical "woulda", "shoulda" and "coulda" story. Yes, it's easy to talk, when you know there's no chance to prove you are wrong. :-D Smart girl.

14. XtC-604

XtC-604 Regular Member

Store Manager
    its things like that, that make me think her medal is ill-deserved. If i was Wang Xin, i would send her an exhibition match invitation and then invite all the media there is.

15. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    [SUB][/SUB]
    Well, if that's the case, even if WX whip her "rear", she will claim that she feel sorry for her missing the medal, so "taking extra easy"...

At least, the socre was not 20:0 in the 2nd side for WX. I am afraid, even that's the case, Saina may claim "she's confident to come back" and pull out the "biggest come back in human history". Bad bad bad WX, how could you ruin Sania's "best story" by withdraw? :-D

Man, I am attempted to invite LD and LCW to my local tournament. Since 99.9999% they will decline the invitation, I will proclaim that they are "chickened out" when they heard about my great name. So, I can claim that I can beat either of them (or the combination of them all together, whatever), since there's will never be a chance we will face off against each other anyway. :-D

#15 LazyBuddy, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  16. abans

abans Regular Member

IT
    I have scoured media reports but unable to find the highlighted line.
    Here is a link to post-match article:
    http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...-i-says-saina-nehwal/articleshow/15360317.cms
    A snippet about the match with WX: "The strategy was to go for long rallies as she was tired. I got back into rallies towards the end and had her measure. Unfortunately, she got injured. I did not want to win this way. I wanted a good win, a solid win."
    I am happy there is a someone challenging chinese players. this is good for the sport. A little bit of banter is part of the game and challenging your opponents. I am happy Saina is talking the talk.

17. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT

LOL! Cobalt is just shaking is head after reading these comments... No wonder I didnt see you much on BC during the matches...

18. barnana

barnana Regular Member

well i guess (it's just a matter of opinion), a high class player as Saina would find it hard to admit that her won was partly because she's lucky. i mean she is as good as Wang Xin too, though we couldn't find the the winner between their match in Olympics, and you know anything was possible back then.
    so i think she said something like that because she didn't want people to underestimate her.

19. XtC-604

XtC-604 Regular Member

Store Manager
    What she said was 100% tasteless and classless. What she basically said was : "yea she was tiring, i'm sure i would of beaten her anyways. So maybe she chickened out".

She is not as good as Wang Xin...look at their heads up record, look at her heads up record against the rest of the Chinese women. All negative, and by a long haul.

http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/08/05/olympic-saina-nehwal-badminton-idINDEE87306020120805

Here's the link to the article.

20. K_a_d_e

K_a_d_e Regular Member

Worker
    saina is a great player but sometimes i feel like she's talking too much, but she still one of the best WS Player in the world right now