How to stencil the racket?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by faizan, Aug 5, 2012.

1. faizan

faizan New Member

Student
    I have Yonex racket stencil card printed.So next I want to apply it on my racket string.
    How can I apply to it?Pls describe. and I have to use stencil ink ?

2. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

When I string International tournaments we put the stencil card at the top of the racket and make sure the top of the triangles are even between the mains. When I string Nationally I line up the top of the card with the last cross, I think it looks better there.

3. kakinami

kakinami Regular Member

Store your ink upside down so it keeps the tip moist. When you stencil, tap the ink on whatever you are stenciling over to moisten tip (Newspaper, magazine or whatever), then GENTLY squeeze the bottle so ink starts to flow

4. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Good tips there...

Also...

- Don't rub the tip against the strings, instead, gently dab the strings as rubbing can ruin the felt tip. (you can buy spare tips though if they do wear out)
    - Clean off excess stencil ink from the stencil card once you've done one side before you reverse it and do the other, otherwise you will get smudges of ink around your logo.
    - Nail varnish remover works well for cleaning the ink off stencil cards, work tops etc.

5. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    Shake the ink like a mad man before using it. The ink seems to seperate into a thick and a thin part when not used for some time.
    I never squeeze the bottle as it might make the ink start running too fast and completely mess up your strings with a thick layer of ink.
    Instead tap the ink on something first to make it flow before starting the stencil.

6. goodguy8

goodguy8 Regular Member

The best way to do it is to put your racket with the logo onto a copy machine, make a copy to a transparent sheet. Then use a sharp knife to cut it out. Next time when you need to put on the logo, just place the already cut logo transparent sheet on the racket and apply ink. It will look the same every time.

7. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Dabbing also stops fibres from the tip coming off and sticking in the string "junctions" (which annoys the living p*ss out of me, for one).