The Ten Good Years of Lin Dan, Cai Yun and Fu Haifeng

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by repentedboy, Aug 6, 2012.

1. repentedboy

repentedboy Regular Member

student la
    Time goes by pretty fast, and within a blink of eye it has been almost a decade Lin Dan, Cai Yun and Fu Haifeng contributed endlessly to Chinese badminton.
    With them together in a team, China has never lost a single match to any other team. Now that is a record breaking streak.
    They play and uphold the philosophy of Tang Xianhu, a player who was deeemed unbeatable in Asia as long as he could remembered but that was unproven in Europe when top players concurrently dominates like Erland Kops.
    Today, his charges prove that philosophy is there for a reason; to make the Chinese team invincible for almost a decade.

Lin Dan started getting noticed when he landed his first ever major title, All England by beating in form Peter Gade followed by a triumph in the Thomas Cup 2004.

Cai Yun - Fu Haifeng similarly first world title came when they helped China win the Thomas Cup 2004.

By any means, these three players should continue to play until 2014 which marks their 10-year anniversary of countless contributions to Chinese badminton.

The best ending would be them finishing it in Incheon 2014.

2. badders2006

badders2006 Regular Member

Yes, if Fu and Cai grab a Asian Games Gold before they finally call it a day, surely they would be regarded as one of the greatest MD pairs of all time.

But Cai Yun is already 30/31 - so it is unlikely...

3. Devi Liedany

Devi Liedany New Member

Employee
    I still remembered how young Fu Haifeng and Cai Yun are. Never thought that they will still together for almost a decade! Yes! They have to make it at Incheon 2014!!!

4. Devi Liedany

Devi Liedany New Member

Employee
    I still remember how young Fu Haifeng and Cai Yun are. Never thought that they will still together for almost a decade! Yes! They have to make it at Incheon 2014!!!

5. diverdan

diverdan Regular Member

graduate
    He still is playing a very explosive and intelligent game. He makes up for Fu's lack of control. It amazes me how many times Cai has turned a game just by his sheer competiveness and desire not to lose. I think if Fu's body holds together they could make it for another season at least.

#5 diverdan, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  6. iSeVeN_Ultimate

iSeVeN_Ultimate Regular Member

Student
    Cai Yun is 32, but still very good, fast..
    fu haifeng is still 28, i think they will play at least until Asian Games 2014.
    sadly their rival, Jung Jae Sung is retired...
    No comment about Lin Dan, he is too good for a badminton player..
    no reason for him to stay play except for help China to maintain they Domination.
    because he got whatever he wanted..

7. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    Next target : win 2013 Sudirman Cup held in Malaysia. Make it 5 in a row :p