Coming back to badminton.

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Talkingtaco2, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Talkingtaco2

Talkingtaco2 Regular Member

Hello, I recently have come back to badminton after a 5 month break. Before that I was around an indeterminate level of play. Now it seems that I have "lost my rhythm" my general technique is still there, but I find most of my shots clumsy and my feet feel unbalanced. Also to add to this, my fitness has greatly decreased (due to smoking , don't smoke :( ) What can I do to help me go back to my previous level?

2. decoy

decoy Regular Member

After I quit for a year (was doing other things so my fitness improved or was the same) the one thing that helped me get everything up to where I wanted was just playing a lot. If your technique is right playing a lot should get your rhythm and fitness back for the most part. Hope this helps :D

3. faris azmi

faris azmi Regular Member

student
    i'll make sure i play at least once a week to keep up my momentum and coonsistency

4. Gunnersfan

Gunnersfan Regular Member

Student
    i also got the same problem like you as i dont play much since 2008....(i dont have friends who like play badminton during i did my diploma)
    i just started back when im doing my degree(lucky my classmates like to play badminton)
    i start playing around 8-9 months ago, that was at the end of 2011....
    at that time, my footwork was messy, my shot(especially backhand and drop) was not consistent and loss some power in my smash....
    no need to worry, just train your skills, maybe once a week will do....
    slowly, you'll get back to normal.....

5. Mojomike

Mojomike Regular Member

First thing I would do is to get the timing, height and depth of my clears and lifts right. then do drops, drives and net drops. Start playing lots and you should get back to form after a few weeks.

6. RB20DET

RB20DET New Member

Same here ... been stop for a while.

Looking for beginner to start back, I'm from Sengkang. Any kaki ?

7. jesspoint

jesspoint Regular Member

Well you basically give one part of the answer yourself. DON'T SMOKE. And in order to balance your feet it might be helpful to do some extra power workout for the respective muscles. As well, concentrate! Sport is a lot about concentration!
    Good luck!