looking to join a group or 2 in Van/Rmd

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by GeeWuh71, Aug 6, 2012.

1. GeeWuh71

GeeWuh71 Regular Member

Hi all,
    I've been playing for fun since high school, and had no idea this forum existed until I stumbled upon it just now (late-20's now). Can't believe what I've been missing out on...

Anyway, I'm looking to join a new group or two because my current groups tend to stop and start up again due to work/school and changing schedules, etc. I'm generally good for weekday nights, and weekend afternoons. I prefer drop-in to court booking, but either is fine.

In terms of skill level, I'd like to think I'm advanced, but in reality I'm probably just an intermediate who would get whooped by anyone who's trained privately for a few months. I guess I can comfortably hit the bird anywhere on the opposing side, from any spot on my own side, and can backhand decently too. I really don't care too much about skill level though since I do it mainly to have fun and get off my lazy butt. I'd be happy to help out anyone else and equally happy to receive some tips from anyone better than myself :)

I can play either plastic or feather (although I tend to use plastic myself since I'm not rich:p). I prefer to play at the sites that have the green Olympic-style mats: Clear1, RPro, Smash, etc. I'm not a big fan of the wooden floors you find at rec centres or schools because they're so hard on my feet and somewhat slippery/dangerous.

Hopefully that was enough info to give you an idea of what you'll be getting from me lol... Hope to join up with some of you soon!

2. Lydian

Lydian Regular Member

Hey GeeWuh
    I don't have a group myself but I'm actively looking for practice partners,I'd consider myself an intermediate level player but actively looking to improve.
    If your ever looking to play/practice let me know!

3. GeeWuh71

GeeWuh71 Regular Member

I'm down, but when are you normally available to play?

4. Lydian

Lydian Regular Member

Most weekday nights and weekend afternoons work for me.

5. GeeWuh71

GeeWuh71 Regular Member

Oh sweet, pretty much the same as me then
    Hopefully you're ok with drop-in? Say, Sun afternoons at Smash? $3.50 for either 12-3 or 3-6pm
    If there are others who would like to join in, don't be shy to put your name down... seems like several ppl have read this thread but didn't reply

6. Lydian

Lydian Regular Member

Yeah Sunday afternoon drop ins work for me

7. ThisAsianGuy

ThisAsianGuy Regular Member

Student
    Hey, I was wondering if you two still played drop-ins on Sundays? If so I would like to join since I am looking for people to play with on Sunday afternoons. Let me know.

8. Lydian

Lydian Regular Member

Hey, I haven't played with Geewuh in a while so I'm not too sure but I'm currently looking for practice partners if your up for playing some singles.

9. ThisAsianGuy

ThisAsianGuy Regular Member

Student
    Hey Lydia, Yeah, I'm definitely willing.. Although I'm pretty dedicated to playing and practicing, I wouldn't consider myself as good. Let me know if your available to play next weekend.

10. Lydian

Lydian Regular Member

Hey sent you a PM

11. monkeylee

monkeylee Regular Member

hi anyone up for some badminton at badminton vancouver tonight? its ladies night tonight so ladies get to play for free from 6pm-midnight. guys can join too but for regular drop in fees $6.49 Its located at mitchell island on mitchell road just off the knight street bridge easy to find and great friendly environment. i am going come join me. or if dont know how to get there just reply to this post we can go together. i live in east van by rupert and 22nd avenue. let me know