What's the most important thing while playing badminton?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by bluejeff, Sep 10, 2003.

1. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Geez people, here is the question:

What's the most important thing that you need to watch out while playing badminton?

Answer:

Your Bag and wallet!!:eek:

I was playing in the gym with my friends today, and when we are about to go home, he suddenly asked everyone in the gym to check their bags and see if anyone lost anything. His Money (in cash) was stolen!! and he said that, he has more than 100+ USD in cash in his wallet, and now it's gone!!!:mad:

So next time, we are going to keep an eye on our stuff during each rally/game.....

2. khengsang

khengsang Regular Member

Analyst
    Theft is always a big problem, unfortunately with badminton and other sports. I guess best idea is to lock up your stuff or put your bag in a highly visible and isolated place so it will be obvious if anyone is "checking out your spare rackets". Good thing with badminton is usually non-players usually wont bother to steal your rackets since most likely they wont know which ones are valuable and its such a small market to sell them they might just try and sell it back to you!

But your warning is a sad reminder of the times we are living in..:mad:

3. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

didn't Badrad post about knowing someone who lost $100 a few days/weeks ago?

Once at swimming, someone stole all of my bus tickets and coins... but not the bills. Maybe his Theif FAQ had the instructions in reverse??? :confused:

4. khengsang

khengsang Regular Member

Analyst
    Maybe the theif was a coin collector and needed a bus ride home? :D

Actually a few months ago my mom left some grocery bags by the curbside to pickup with the car and they actually got stolen! :( . Sad times when people are robbing old women of their groceries :mad:

5. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    Always need your wits about you...

Being aware on court also applies to everywhere else in life. Like parking in better lit areas, wary when walking alone in dark or uncertain places. The unlikely places such as fairly open public areas like gyms seem less of a concern, but thieves come in all shapes and sizes. You can be certain though, whereever you can think of an opportunity where you could be relieved of your possessions, a quickl fingered thug will have already mapped it out.

Even at a fancy hotel reception desk. Years back I was checking in at a hotel in China, quite high class. At the desk when I was registering, I was signing with my gold Cross pen. I bent down to get my passport from my briefcase and no sooner that and raising my head back, my pen, which silly me, left on the registration form, was gone... I certainly questioned the clerk, and adjacent persons. Yeah, liked they'd admit it.

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Try to bring as little as possible to the gym, if u don't have a locker.

I only bring handy cash, cell, IDs, 3 rackets, water bottle, spare sneakers into the gym. If something happens, try to let the lost to be min. If I have extra cash, rackets (strung others), valueable accesories / electronics, I generally lock them in my trunk.

Also, try to make more friends in the gym. Therefore, everyone can help to take care of each others' stuff when they are taking a rest.

7. yonexfanatic

yonexfanatic Regular Member

I try to keep my bag near my other friend's bags. I have enough trust in the people around me to leaev my bag alone. However, realizing that there are theifs out there, I try to keep my bag (like mentioned) in the open, visible to tons of people if a theif decides to rob some rackets, money, etc. and hopefully they'll alert me about it.

But besides this negative "important thing", what about important things when playing ON the court. My anser is concentrating on badminton.:D :cool:

8. woop.

woop. Regular Member

If I'm playing mixed doubles it's usually my partners butt.

Shuttle, what shuttle? (damn, another point lost)

9. frictionman

frictionman Regular Member

Lawyer
    Never happend to me yet, but can't be too careless...

we play as a group renting 3 courts 15-20 persons. The would be theif would really be intimidated as he have to track all of 15-20 persons movements and to where they are looking. Plus our stuff is near the court at any given time at least 3-5 person is sitting in from of our bags.

10. other

other Regular Member

Student
    lol....especialy if all you guys know each other.....hey..who's that new guy?!