User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tbgoh288 View Post
    What about the first set when LD hit 12 to 14 shots out when he was playing on the side where LCW played crap? Did the drift won the set for LCW too?
    "Did the drift won the set for LCW too?" - No. the person playing with the drift lost. Thats the point. Both players made mistakes on the crap side due to the drift and lost that set. But LD adjusted in the 3rd, LCW was still being affected. in the 3rd he still left shots drop in thinking they were out and still over hit shots or lifted so short LD punished them. where as all LD did was keep the shuttle in play and waited for LCW mistake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Disagree. He should hire Xia as his coach, LYB as his strategist and LD as his sparring partner
    TBGOG - I want to agree with you....to be successful, you need the whole network. I saw a LCW training video whereby he had 3-4 players sparing with him. I've never seen LD sparing with 3-4 Chinese players. Perhaps, there are many Chinese players who could trouble LD a bit during training. A Chinese coach will bring in his kaki from his old network, as a whole, Badminton in Malaysia will benefit. Our Table Tennis in Singapore had one silver and two bronze due to this system. And we will see many younger Singaporeans come up the ladder that is nurtured by this network. MF for Strategy of course. I am a fan of LCW and for anyone who is a romantic, a LCW win in the next Olympics will really be a big story for Badminton.

Thanks Sonnymak for starting a great thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it a true fact that the men's singles finals for badminton at london 2012 was the most watched olympic event in history? Heard that from some sources

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by **KZ** View Post
    is it a true fact that the men's singles finals for badminton at london 2012 was the most watched olympic event in history? Heard that from some sources
    no. that would be the mens 100m finals.

Unless you meant
    "is it a true fact that the men's singles finals for badminton at london 2012 was the most watched olympic badminton event in history?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BaggedCat View Post
    "Did the drift won the set for LCW too?" - No. the person playing with the drift lost. Thats the point. Both players made mistakes on the crap side due to the drift and lost that set. But LD adjusted in the 3rd, LCW was still being affected. in the 3rd he still left shots drop in thinking they were out and still over hit shots or lifted so short LD punished them. where as all LD did was keep the shuttle in play and waited for LCW mistake.
    Thanks. You have helped me to identify one more aspect of LD's game which, with due respect to LCW, is marginally better than that of the latter. Obviously LD can adjust to playing conditions better and faster and is a smarter player. His playing safe in the last few points is testimony to that. In a tight match like the OG finals, this is one aspect of the game that separates a super champion from a champion.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. You have helped me to identify one more aspect of LD's game which, with due respect to LCW, is marginally better than that of the latter. Obviously LD can adjust to playing conditions better and faster and is a smarter player. His playing safe in the last few points is testimony to that. In a tight match like the OG finals, this is one aspect of the game that separates a super champion from a champion.
    So basically, you re just insistent that LD must be superior to LCW in more than one aspect. Let me point one area where LD is superior and that is crowd support. Yesterday I watched the OG finals for the first time and also happened to have the time to watch the Korea SS12. The drift wasn't that bad in Korea Open. In Korea Open, LCW lost G1 and was trailing G2 when he made a surge (like LD in G3 of OG) to close out G2. Then in G3, after a neck to neck early stage, LD fell apart ( or lost interest, if you re a LD fan) and gave away G3. So why did LD lose to LCW after a bright start in Korea Open? It s the lack of crowd support. Hardly any ' jia Yu ' was heard while there was a small group of happy LCW fans going 'LCW, LCW, LCW' right until the end of the match. They were having a lot of fun cheering! Whereas in OG, it was 'LD jia Yu' all the way in G3, so loud and dominant, you could be forgiven if you thought the match was in China. And where were the 27+ core MAS officials specially sent to support LCW? Couldn't they even squeak in 'LCW, LCW' after the 'jia Yu' chorus at the end stage of the finals? That would have made the difference! LD won just in time because the CHN fans emptied their lungs out and the MAS fans thought they had done enough when LCW was ahead at 18. Anyone who plays back Boonsak Ponsana s last three matches in SGPO, will note he won his matches (when he could have lost) to fans support at the closing stage.What is overlooked in all the comparisons is the fact that LD worked four years for this match whilst LCW only had two weeks to train. How did LCW manage to play at such a high level two months after a dreadful injury that BC coaches said he should kiss OG goodbye? What unique qualities does LCW have that made him achieve the impossible? Perhaps it s time for Chris cc, Pbm and extremepower to offer their wisdom.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so, LCW lost to LD's fans?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    so, LCW lost to LD's fans?
    I can teach children to read English in 10 lessons but I must admit I cannot raise your intelligence if you don t use it properly.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry, wrong words. i mean: so, LCW lost because LD's fans?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pjswift View Post
    Let me point one area where LD is superior and that is crowd support ... Couldn't they even squeak in 'LCW, LCW' after the 'jia Yu' chorus at the end stage of the finals? That would have made the difference! LD won just in time because the CHN fans emptied their lungs out and the MAS fans thought they had done enough when LCW was ahead at 18.
    LCW had crowd support in his home stadium in the Thomas Cup of 2010 against LD but that didn't help LCW either. Despite all the boleh fans chanting for LCW, LD still beat LCW easily.

LD has 21 wins to 9 losses to LCW:

http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/pr...4-0A2EC054A4AC

For LD to have 21 career wins to 9 losses to LCW, LD is better than LCW in many areas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LCW could win MO forever also becoz of fan support??!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by galaxyduo View Post
    LCW had crowd support in his home stadium in the Thomas Cup of 2010 against LD but that didn't help LCW either. Despite all the boleh fans chanting for LCW, LD still beat LCW easily.LD has 21 wins to 9 losses to LCW:http://www.tournamentsoftware.com/pr...4-0A2EC054A4ACFor LD to have 21 career wins to 9 losses to LCW, LD is better than LCW in many areas.
    Were you at TC10? Do you know LD ( and Team CHN) were never without support? Team CHN was cheering for him all the way. It s not as loud as the MAS crowd but he was never alone on his own. It is not about how loud. It is about when. The most important time to show support is when the player is trailing and at the closing stage. CHN crowd knows about timing. The MAS crowd in KL is just all noise. Now you know the difference. Oh, by the way,in TC10, LD had LCW s number, just like LCW had LD s number in TC08 and SC07. Enjoy lapping up their H2H. I m happy for you.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm,only 8 out of 21 lin dan victory is outside china.
    while lcw won 7 out of 9 outside malaysia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bad's fan View Post
    sorry, wrong words. i mean: so, LCW lost because LD's fans?
    So basically if LD and LCW played in a place with no LD fans but all LCW fans, LCW would win. And unless LD wins malaysia open, one can never claim LD is better than LCW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

....................What is overlooked in all the comparisons is the fact that LD worked four years for this match whilst LCW only had two weeks to train. How did LCW manage to play at such a high level two months after a dreadful injury that BC coaches said he should kiss OG goodbye? What unique qualities does LCW have that made him achieve the impossible? Perhaps it s time for Chris cc, Pbm and extremepower to offer their wisdom.
    LCW had worked four years for this match too... do not discredit him like this. It was just that he was injured some time before olympics that he is short of few weeks to train.. its not like he only just pick up badminton two weeks ago and had to start from scratch.. yes, that few weeks short of training does affect his performance but not everything... his skills n techniques are still with him, perhaps even better now(note that his upper body strength is alot better than before the injury). conclusion, both has worked hard for four years!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Were you at TC10? Do you know LD ( and Team CHN) were never without support? Team CHN was cheering for him all the way. It s not as loud as the MAS crowd but he was never alone on his own. It is not about how loud. It is about when. The most important time to show support is when the player is trailing and at the closing stage. CHN crowd knows about timing. The MAS crowd in KL is just all noise. Now you know the difference.
    Haha pjswfit. You have a funny way of thinking! There is no point debating with you - instead, I will enjoy reading your comments

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The notion that crowd support is the main driving force behind both players takes away too much credit away from LCW and LD. Give the players some more respect than that. They have been playing long enough and are seasoned veterans to know how to deal with crowds being the great champions they are. For the record, the OG 2012 finals were pretty split 50/50 in the cheering support for LD and LCW. There were plenty of chants for either player and they were competing with each other, trying to drown each other out, but neither could.

There is no need to come up with all these excuses for LCW losing in the final moments of the match as there could have been more factors that lead to LD's win than us posters are even aware of. Had LCW come into the final completely healthy, he might have won the match. Then again maybe he wouldn't have. We can all name all the what if's, the what could have been's, and the why's for the outcome of the match, but that still won't change the end result or that LD has beaten LCW in most of the major events. I can only simply admire both players for one of the best singles matches I have ever watched and that it was sad only one player had to win.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast