Armortec 900 technique or voltric 80?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by decoy, Aug 11, 2012.

1. decoy

decoy Regular Member

I am looking to get a new backup racket just so that I always have two in my bag. I am currently using a voltric z force (4u) in both doubles and singles. I am looking to get either a 3u armortec 900t or a 3u voltric 80.
    1. How often do you play, how serious are you?
    I play several times a week any oppurtunity I can. I play pretty seriously.
    2. What style of player are you? (Aggressive smasher, net player ...)
    I am a very aggressive player but that's not to say I just smash non stop. I play drops and net shots to set up smashes. my net play is definately better then my smash.
    3. Do you care much about durability or is it all about performance?
    Mostly performance.
    4. How much money do you want to spend?
    I don't want to pay the extra money for say another z-force so between these two it doesnt really matter.

If you think something else might be a better option then feel free to say it but I unfortunately only really have yonex widely available to me just given the stores that are around.

P.S. I tried an armortec 900t (4u) and I found it just didn't have enough power being that I'm used to a much heavier and stiffer racket. Is the 3u a better option? Sorry for the long question but I'm really struggling to figure this out. Thanks in advance for all the help.:D

2. nooooooooooo

nooooooooooo Regular Member

i think performance wise the voltric 80 will be better than at900t

I find that it is brilliant for smashes, drop shots and net shots, but slightly weaker for returning smashes (or maby its just me)

But, whats wrong with your z-force ?

3. decoy

decoy Regular Member

Nothing wrong with my force I just wanna replace my current backup arcsaber 10 and I already have a buyer and stuff so I already really planned on this just being lost money. Thanks for the help though defense doesn't concern me too much because I find the z force good enough in that regard. Thanks for the help!

4. MrAlexChiu

MrAlexChiu Regular Member

Graphic Designer
    i would just save up a little more or look for a used zf.... you don't want to be adjusting to a new racket in the middle of a game...so when your string breaks.... you have the exact same racket that's strung exactly the same as a backup..... you don't need time to adjust to it.... i personally have 2 zs in my bag.... i had 3... but sold one off.....