Injury on the wrist (how long will it take to recover?)

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by jickman, Aug 11, 2012.

1. jickman

jickman Regular Member

student
    So I actually got this wrist injury not from playing badminton, i was at the cottage playing sports. And from what i remember I think I was either playing wiffleball (which is like easy baseball - as I was constantly batting and i think my form was wrong) or volleyball, I ended up twisted my thumb as well. But regardless, Its been a week and a half I have notice the recovery but i still feel pain when i smash in badminton, or push-up (lol i know its not recommended but im doing insanity). Other then that i feel no pain at all when i move my wrist in any direction or twist. I know this might be a redundant post, but just to ask for recommendation how long will it take to recover and what can speed up the recovery?

2. dffhkhksg

dffhkhksg Regular Member

If it is a shooting pain in your palm, try deeply massaging it. I sometimes get this kind of injury playing tennis (or badminton when my smashing technique was awful) and really jamming my fingers into my palm helps me.

That being said, if it hurts too much, don't force it. Best would be to take it easy, you'll heal yourself in probably less than a week.

3. Vincevt70

Vincevt70 Regular Member

Sales
    I've had a wrist injury many years ago from working out. The pain did not go away for over a year (don't mean to scare you). I went to a chiropractor and did some exercises for my wrist and it helped but not fully heal. I still had pain when I push my hand outwards and inwards. I then tried acupuncture and THAT worked like a charm. The thin needles doesn't hurt if you're scared of needles. I think you should give it a try.

4. maxout

maxout Regular Member

Did you get an X-ray ? If not, better do so asap, provided it is not too late since it is more than a year !!

5. Vincevt70

Vincevt70 Regular Member

Sales
    Oh...this was many years ago. After acupunture, my wrist was fine. But after that injury, I'm always very careful of my wrist. I know how long it takes to heal. I even tried that machine like "Dr. Ho's" with the pads and make your muscles twitch...and that didn't even work. I hope the OP can take some of these information to help heal his wrist.