Z-Salsh vs Z-Slash TH

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by MrAlexChiu, Aug 12, 2012.

1. MrAlexChiu

MrAlexChiu Regular Member

Graphic Designer
    I've been using my Z-slash for about a year and absolutely love the racket. So i decided to get the TH edition the (black and red one). I have noticed that they feel a little different when swinging and playing. The difference is not that much but i can definitely hear the sound it makes when i whip it. The original version gives a swish sound and the TH version gives sort of a Swoosh sound. The TH version feels just a little bit more head heavy and stiffer.

I was wondering if anyone a set of racket different colour and plays differently. My friend told me his NS9900's doesn't feel the same either the original and special edition. So I was wonder why they would do that. I thought its just a repaint in colour.

2. dffhkhksg

dffhkhksg Regular Member

I don't know any specifics, but the balance points might be slightly different. As for the "whoosh", it might be slightly different grommets or possibly stiffness from a changed BP/headweight.

3. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

In a way, it is really hard to recreate a racket perfectly the same, the stiffness, the heaviness, the balance...

4. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

Are the strings the same on each?

5. MrAlexChiu

Graphic Designer
    both are strung with BG 66 ultimax one with 22lb and one with 24lb.... the TH model has the 24lb and gives a deeper sound....it shoudln't be that big of a difference... but i will restring the 22lb to 24lb and see if i still feel a difference

6. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

No, tension shouldn't matter. I was thinking that if they had different string thickness it might make a difference but I guess not. Remember that rackets have a certain balance point range so it's very possible that your two pieces have different balance points making them feel different.

7. MrAlexChiu

Graphic Designer
    so its difficult to buy 2 of the exact same racket....

8. slair76116

slair76116 Regular Member

Senior Flight Dispatcher
    Slight thread hijack,

Between the 24Lbs and 22Lbs which gives you the more powerful stroke?

9. MrAlexChiu

Graphic Designer
    the 24lb gives me a better stroke... 22lb is comfortable to play with but just a bit too bouncy for my liking. I'm probably going to make the other one 24lb as well. 24lb gives me a better feel on contact. That's just me, it might be different for different people.

10. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Yes, there will be different feeling of the same model racquet. Possibly it is due to slight variations in production process or even ageing of the first racquet may produce a slightly different playing characteristic. If you want to get a similar feel to your first racquet, I suggest hunting for a second hand Z slash about the same age as yours. However, they may still feel a bit different.