User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you flat-footed?

Voters
1176. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

534 45.41%
  • No.

642 54.59%
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My feet are incredibly flat, it wasn't until I went to buy some hiking boots someone noticed, I now have orthotics (expensive in soles). It's amazing how much it has affected my posture, I no longer get very painful knees or hips and a reduced number of headaches (my neck was twisting if I stood, walked or ran) I also play a lot more sport now and have become a lot fitter as I'm no longer in a lot of pain after playing (I presumed it was due to a lack of fitness before, despite not feeling out of breath).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurodo View Post
    my friend played badminton and is now running on x-country... hes flat footed...

if flatfootedness is viewed as non-athletic.. shouldnt asthmatic people also be viewed as non-athletic? ive been hospitalized from asthma a few times wen i was younger, now i run a 4-5 miles at a quick pace without crapping out at all.. but i can still feel the asthma

with enough training and determination... one can overcome these limitations, theres no doubt you have to work alot harder than those that dont have these obstacles.. so dont give up people!! theres is hope for everyone if youre willing to give it some WORK.. go people!! lolz
    Good encouragement!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are there any pro badminton players out there that are flat footed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unfortunately, yes

still manage to somehow become victorious in my games though hehehe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so dats show doesn't mean u r flat foot or not... u still can become a good sportsman... oni my 2 cent...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Term` View Post
    I think there is a danger here with people thinking they possibly have flat feet when infact they aren't clinically diagnosed with flat feet and never would be.....
    You can have feet that appear a bit flat and still be quite normal.
    I suffered with flat feet for years and the pain was unbrearable to the point where I was unable to play sport for 6 - 7 years and unable to walk any distance up half a mile without being in serious pain. So I suggest if you are unsure, changes are, you dont have flat feet to such an extent that it would be diagnosed as being so. However I now have prescription insoles for my shoes and I am able to do just about anything somone without flat feet could do.
    I'm flat footed and had the same problems. Even my back was really in pain whenever I walk. Then it became worse when I started jogging, pain was unbearable... my weight is an add-on to the pain!

Then my doctor advised to get shoe insoles for overpronators (I'm a severe overpronator). It doesn't seem to work and they are quite pricey too.... I was looking for a new pair of running shoes at that time and luckily the NB shop keeper was a runner himself knew a lot about being flat footed. He recommended one pair of running shoes designed for overpronators and since then I have no problems anymore.

About flat footed being associated with less athletic ability I think I have to agree but there's no reason for an overpronator to avoid an active lifestyle. We may not be as athletics as those with normal foot but in badminton it should not be a disadvantage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard from my professor that flat feet people have less stability compared to normal feet. I don't see how that works since flat feet people have more surface touch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phandrew View Post
    I heard from my professor that flat feet people have less stability compared to normal feet. I don't see how that works since flat feet people have more surface touch.
    I don't have a very good balance. Not sure wheter it's because of being flat footed or not because my spine is not straight, since I was born . Logically, a flat foot has more contact surface.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

surface area don't matter. normal foot people have control over their body because body alignment is better so more stability.

more contact area is not good either. think about it. playing with your heals touching the ground cause you to be more slower.
    Last edited by CHOcobo; 08-08-2008 at 11:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is flat footed? I've never heard of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy uneven

left foot flat. right foot has arch. bunions starting to form on both feet, more on left. slightly crooked left knee, possibly caused by crooked left foot, or vice versa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chocoXmoose View Post
    left foot flat. right foot has arch. bunions starting to form on both feet, more on left. slightly crooked left knee, possibly caused by crooked left foot, or vice versa.
    Custom insoles might help you with your problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found out 1.5 years ago I was heavily flat footed, when I was buying some sneakers (went to see a podiatrist afterwards). I suggest getting some mizuno's some of their shoes have some support for those of us that are flat footed. I find them to be really comfy, and have a completely different feel to my asics - in fact I cant bear wearing the asics anymore even though they are court shoes and the mizuno's Im wearing arent (Nirvana 4 I think it is).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the asics running shoes i have (not the newest one) have really go arc support for my flat-footed feet. does anyone know if asics badminton shoes have go arc support as well?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Custom insoles might help you with your problem.
    I have custom insoles but badminton still puts a ton of pressure of my flat feet and arch area aches a lot after each session; especially my left foot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am definitely a flat footer

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast