User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you flat-footed?

Voters
1178. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

534 45.33%
  • No.

644 54.67%
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if it's a good thing but I'm actually on my toes 100% of time when I'm in motion such as running, walking, etc.. My wife has commented on how bizarre this looks but the only time my heels ever touch the floor is when I'm standing still or sitting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jwu42 View Post
    Not sure if it's a good thing but I'm actually on my toes 100% of time when I'm in motion such as running, walking, etc.. My wife has commented on how bizarre this looks but the only time my heels ever touch the floor is when I'm standing still or sitting.
    maybe u were born to be a sumo wrestler

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am definitely flat footed. And I have been using insoles for regular shoes, but somehow never with my badminton shoes. Lately, I have noticed that my right heel hurts a lot. I have read that it's heel spur. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that I have flat feet. Do you guys who have flat feet suffers from lower back pain and knee pain? Now that I turn 30 all these pain shows up?! Maybe it's my imagination. Hahah!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heel pain is unlikely due to flat feet because it affects the arch not the heel. It may be a lack of cushioning in the heel area.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it seems like my heel pain started since i wore my new shoe. i must admit that i went to get a pair of adidas indoor sneaker because it looks good... but do you think the cushioning was that bad compare to a pair of yonex?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ileong20 View Post
    it seems like my heel pain started since i wore my new shoe. i must admit that i went to get a pair of adidas indoor sneaker because it looks good... but do you think the cushioning was that bad compare to a pair of yonex?!
    If you got the adidas indoor soccer shoes then that was a bad decision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm flat footed too.. I run a pretty good on the 100m sprint.. lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ileong20 View Post
    I am definitely flat footed. And I have been using insoles for regular shoes, but somehow never with my badminton shoes. Lately, I have noticed that my right heel hurts a lot. I have read that it's heel spur. I wonder if it has to do with the fact that I have flat feet. Do you guys who have flat feet suffers from lower back pain and knee pain? Now that I turn 30 all these pain shows up?! Maybe it's my imagination. Hahah!
    I'm in a similar position! Hitting 30 end of March (and quite happy about it, don't know why!) but recently I have also been suffering from pains in my heels and sometimes knees and lower back.

I've been flat footed all my life (size 12s as well, so quite a big flat!) and only recently have I started to feel the strain. As it happens I'm very quick around the court and also very noisy as well, but my initial movement would be so much better and I'd use far less energy if I was able to dial this out.

I fear it will be stuck with me for good though!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm...I am flat foot, may be that's the reason my big toe is hurting after playing too much badminton?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BBQ_Fishball View Post
    hmm...I am flat foot, may be that's the reason my big toe is hurting after playing too much badminton?
    hey...it also happens to me too. My toes get hurt each time after playing badminton. But once I switched to Mizuno shoes (those for flat footed type) my toe problem began to ease slowly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yingchai View Post
    hey...it also happens to me too. My toes get hurt each time after playing badminton. But once I switched to Mizuno shoes (those for flat footed type) my toe problem began to ease slowly.
    Which Mizuno shoes? do you have the model code/name?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way to cure it is to walk straight, sleep straight, sit up straight, and do everything with your back straight. The many reasons why people are flat-footed is because their feet carry too much weight. Needless to say, your feet will squash up into a pancake if you put too much pressure on it. It really affects your performance in badminton if you're flat-footed, not that a flat-footed person would be bad at it but after training or a match they will find that their feet ache. When I was a novice at badminton, I feet were swollen during my first week. XD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth-Less View Post
    The way to cure it is to walk straight, sleep straight, sit up straight, and do everything with your back straight. The many reasons why people are flat-footed is because their feet carry too much weight. Needless to say, your feet will squash up into a pancake if you put too much pressure on it. It really affects your performance in badminton if you're flat-footed, not that a flat-footed person would be bad at it but after training or a match they will find that their feet ache. When I was a novice at badminton, I feet were swollen during my first week. XD
    R u serious......i tod tat ppl r flat feet,becoz dey r born flat feeted i've nvr heard of dis reason b4 Quite intresting thx (:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tanta58 View Post
    R u serious......i tod tat ppl r flat feet,becoz dey r born flat feeted i've nvr heard of dis reason b4 Quite intresting thx (:
    You're welcome. Plus, if you walk with your toes supporting you, that would prevent future back-problems like Athritis. Be sure to walk in a straight line and keep your back arched.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard the Chinese team pick youngsters with arched feet from like age 3-5 and start training then. One of the commentators mentioned it so I don't know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm flat footed as well and i had these pains near my ankles, probabaly frm all the pressure when i lunge but in anycase, after playing..i'll hurt for a while.

My solution:

After consulting Sir Dinkalots review on Superfeet i thought id give it a try ( green performance ones) and after 3 sessions, my pain was no more. I believe not only does there insole work wonders but because it has a stiff arch, it forces my feet to arch a little while im playing which makes me balance better and not put as much pressure on my feet.

Superfeet was a miracle for me =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Flat feet (also called pes planus or fallen arches) is an informal reference to a medical condition in which the arch of the foot collapses, with the entire sole of the foot coming into complete or near-complete contact with the ground. In some individuals (an estimated 2030% of the general population) the arch simply never develops in one foot (unilaterally) or both feet (bilaterally). It should be noted that being flatfooted does not decrease footspeed; having flat feet does not affect one's response to the plantar reflex test.

Source : Wikipedia
    Well... this should help ending the disputes xD... Sorry if this is another duplicate response... Right now I don't have the time to read through all of those 15 pages xD...

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast