User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 26

Thread: Lightest Racket

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    came from the SAR
    Posts
    3,932
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Lightest Racket

    what is the lightest racket?

    NS1000? Ti-Z?

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Maritime canada
    Posts
    532
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    what is the lightest racket? NS1000? Ti-Z?
    Do you want to know which of those is lighter or do you want to the lightest racket? Lightest racket is karakal bn60. I think the physical weight of the two you have there is the same but I don't know which is more headlight.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    came from the SAR
    Posts
    3,932
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by decoy View Post
    Do you want to know which of those is lighter or do you want to the lightest racket? Lightest racket is karakal bn60. I think the physical weight of the two you have there is the same but I don't know which is more headlight.
    thanks. i want to know the following:

    (a) which racket is the lightest amongst all YY models?
    (b) what is the lightest racket amongst all the brands?

    thanks again.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    33
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    not sure about YY lightest rackets.
    but the lightest one that i have seen is Black Knight Photon. I think its like 78g.
    Its very weak tho.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dubai
    Posts
    113
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Lightest Racket

    Superlight Series T5SQ

    Frame : High Modulus Graphite
    Shaft : High Modulus Graphite with Titanium and Kevlar
    Weight : 75g
    Recommended Stringing Tension - Main - 20lbs to 23 lbs
    - Cross - 20lbs to 23 lbs
    Flex : Medium
    Balance : Mid/ Towards Head

    RRP 59.99

    http://www.ashaway.co.uk/index.php?c...&pid=137&brand=

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Maritime canada
    Posts
    532
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    As I said the lightest racket is bn60 (60g) as far as I know. I think the lightest yonex is ti-z but I am just guessing based on racket charts I really don't know the lightest yy.

  7. #7
    Regular Member BlueTornado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bay Area, USA
    Posts
    793
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I thought I read on here once that Karakal measured the 60g without the handle. When you include the handle like other brands, it's around the 75-80 mark, basically the same as other superlights. Correct me if I'm wrong.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    112
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  9. #9
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,796
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pcll99 View Post
    thanks. i want to know the following:

    (a) which racket is the lightest amongst all YY models?
    (b) what is the lightest racket amongst all the brands?

    thanks again.
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ric-30-(VT-30)

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Burnaby, BC
    Posts
    59
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueTornado View Post
    I thought I read on here once that Karakal measured the 60g without the handle. When you include the handle like other brands, it's around the 75-80 mark, basically the same as other superlights. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Finally came in the other day and you're pretty much correct. With strings and handle, it came out to be 72g. I used ZM62 strings and stock grip. So it's still slightly lighter and the lightest I've used so far regardless.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,474
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Josico View Post
    Finally came in the other day and you're pretty much correct. With strings and handle, it came out to be 72g. I used ZM62 strings and stock grip. So it's still slightly lighter and the lightest I've used so far regardless.
    Where did you buy the Karakal BN60?

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Burnaby, BC
    Posts
    59
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Got it from eBay

    I also got the SL70 but didn't like it much compared to the BN60. I'll give it a couple more swings after I restring them I guess?

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Burnaby, BC
    Posts
    59
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Josico View Post
    Finally came in the other day and you're pretty much correct. With strings and handle, it came out to be 72g. I used ZM62 strings and stock grip. So it's still slightly lighter and the lightest I've used so far regardless.
    I should correct myself. 72g with without the strings, with the strings the BN60 came out to be 75g.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Burnaby, BC, Canada
    Posts
    1,474
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Josico View Post
    I should correct myself. 72g with without the strings, with the strings the BN60 came out to be 75g.
    What is the grip size? Yonex G4 or G5?

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bandar Sri Damansara
    Posts
    31
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Lining windstorm 650.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Burnaby, BC
    Posts
    59
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    They don't go by Yonex grip sizes but from feel it looks like a G4. I might measure it when I get home.

  17. #17
    Regular Member TheSmasherKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Somewhere on earth...
    Posts
    596
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    can we consider arcsaber 9fl as a light racket category as well ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •