Lethal 70 or Tantrum 300

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by bobbinbette, Aug 14, 2012.

1. bobbinbette

bobbinbette Regular Member

Hi,
    I have always wanted to get an apacs racket and it was going to be between the lethal 50 and tantrum 200. BUT, I waited too long and they are now discontinued. So i have to settle for the lethal 70 and tantrum 300 :p

I want to have some suggestions as to which I should take.

I am a backcourt doubles player and I love to smash. The weakest part of my game shots wise would be my smash defense. I just sort of block them.....I rarely drive them back. Need to practice on that.

Here are some rackets that I currently use and ones that I have used.

1. Victor AT99TI 4U G2 about 300mm BP (I use this the best, very fast and good attack with good feel and great control, however slightly lacking on smash power. Currently my Go-To racket)
    2. VTZF 4UG4 about 310mm BP (I smash harder with this than my at99ti, however it is slower and imo feels worse. The plus side is that I find this racket very easy to generate power and it honestly isn't as tiring to use as most people say)
    3. Cab50 3UG4 (I get the most power out of this, however I am a bit inconsistent with it. I get my best games with this though on a good day.)

I was thinking of the lethal 70, however I am unsure if the shaft would be too stiff for me. I find the VTZF a nice stiffness and it feels softer than the rated stiffness. The lethal 70 has so many raving reviews about its stability and power that I really wanted it.

Then I read about the tantrum 300. Fast attack, great feel, great stability, almost as much power, and more forgiving and less tiring. It is very tempting.

Which racket do you guys think I should get as my first Apacs racket? Thanks for the help in advance!

2. wuzent

wuzent Regular Member

student
  3. bobbinbette

Those reviews are very helpful!
    Well, I think I will order the tantrum 300 as it seems easier to use overall.

Thank you.

4. BlueTornado

BlueTornado Regular Member

Unless you wanna buy a Lethal 70 off of me :)

5. jerby

jerby Regular Member

why not a Tantrum 500 or a tweet 8000? The specs are almost alike, except te T500 is less stiff than the L70, the tw8k hasn't really been used by a lot of people yet.
    I really liked the T500, it's an easier to use version of the L70

6. bobbinbette

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I will probably buy it in the near future. I just purchased a PPPP at 88g 295mm, so I am unsure if I should get the lethal 70 as it is very similar spec wise.

Jerby, how does the t300 compare to the t500?

7. jerby

jerby Regular Member

I found the T300 too light for me, the even-balance was just too much for me. The T500 is headheavier, the same weight and a little bit more flexible. I like a bit of flex