need some advices here to pick rackets

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by chw6922, Sep 12, 2003.

1. chw6922

chw6922 New Member

i just bought a Gosen root 2400 with 2 kick point racket and i've tried for some games for 2 days; i felt the racket has good control but lacks of power when do some smash shots. Now the retailer lent me another racket named Forza Titanium Tech 500 CF (which is a stiffer frame) havent had chance to try it yet. Does anyone have suggestion or opinions. I personally play more offence rather than defence and perhaps need some hard smash when needed. Of course, control is an important factor too.

Would anyone give any recommendations since i'm not a big fan of Yonex (i previously owned one like it but i want to try something else now) and also which string to match with. Thanx

2. ttktom

ttktom Regular Member

I would Say the Yonex Mp 99/100 for power and control.

of if your a budget the Mp 77 too this is a control/power racket.

i know ur not a big fan of Yonex but give them a try or hows about the new Wilson series of badminton rackets i.e the V12,V10V8,V6,V4,V2 of the Hyper carbon range they pack a good amount of power the all round Hyper carbon racket is the 5.0 as it provides power and control the Hyper Carbon range Consists of the

Hyper Carbon 9.0 Good Racket but lacks Power/Control.

Hyper carbon 7.0 Good Power Racket Lacks control.

Hyper Carbon 5.0 Best all round racket provides good power/control

Hyper Carbon 3.0 Good control lacks the killer smash.

hope this helps you. :)

3. ttktom

ttktom Regular Member

Sorry for the Wilson Hyper Carbons i would Use Yonex BG65-ti strings at about 22-24 lbs any more and it can be unstable for the rackets.

the MP 99/100 Bg65-ti at 22-24 lbs