User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gundamzaku View Post
    i know two people personally who haven't learn to pick up shuttles with their rackets, so that's a legit reason, but if you think that you can chip your racket by picking up shuttles with it, then you need to relearn how to pick them up with your racket!!! LOL
    That really depends on the floor. If those are green mats, the rackets could be lightly scratched but not chipped if carefully. But for any hard floors, chipping is quite common, based on my experience anyway.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what a thread!

paint chips ion badminton rackets. lol

seriously: do you guys really care about the paint on your rackets? crazy world...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by |_Footwork_| View Post
    seriously: do you guys really care about the paint on your rackets? crazy world...
    The same can be said on other man made products too. Also, if the shop was trying to sell you an authentic VT80 which was showing it naked carbon finish without paint/motif, would you consider buying it at all?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes.

badminton rackets are made for heavy use. you sometimes hit the floor, hit your partners racket and so on. chips are unevitable when playing seriously. so why care at all?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blindfury View Post
    the first generation Victor Braveswords automatically chip themselves... =_=
    One of Victor technology which is environment friendly, Self Disposable.
    None of the other brands could match Victor in terms of this.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wlachan View Post
    That really depends on the floor. If those are green mats, the rackets could be lightly scratched but not chipped if carefully. But for any hard floors, chipping is quite common, based on my experience anyway.
    i agree that the green mats could be better for our rackets in terms of clashing against the floor (when i swing too low, stupid me) but i guess i've never really played on any "hard floors" the hardest floor i've played on is hardwood floor as in a basketball court and those always have a thin protective film that's "slippery" to a certain extend so i have never experience paint chip via picking up shuttles

but i guess if one uses only one racket over many years, i could see how picking up shuttles with that same racket would cause paint chips

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by |_Footwork_| View Post
    yes.

badminton rackets are made for heavy use. you sometimes hit the floor, hit your partners racket and so on. chips are unevitable when playing seriously. so why care at all?
    i guess i can understand for some, they're just picky about the way their rackets look. when i was a kid i expect no paint chips whatsoever. but after while, and growing up a bit i realized that if you're going to play hard because you want to win, there are sacrifices, like paint chips. you either care more about your rackets and not take that shot or you take the shot and possibly win the point but risk clashing against the floor or your partner's racket/body parts

paint chips to some of us is just wear and tear because it's being used appropriately!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2