Incheon South Korea Badminton

Discussion in 'Japan / Korea' started by nbonkowsky, Aug 15, 2012.

1. nbonkowsky

nbonkowsky Regular Member

Athlete/Coach
    Hello,

I will be in the Incheon south Korea area August 26th to August 29th while i am connecting to go back to canada so I have 3 days in Korea and will be at a hotel in this area.

I was wondering if anybody plays around there or if there is a place that is easily accessible to go to in order to play.

Thank you if you could let me know, the easiest way to get in contact with me would be to respond to this thread or to PM me on here as my cell phone does not work in korea. Thank you for your time and hope to get in some matches.

Nick

2. event

event Regular Member

Incheon is actually a city of over 1000 sq km. Over half is offshore islands, but still, the airport is on one such so you'll have to figure it out based on the hotel location.

There are several hotels on the airport island but no badminton clubs listed here. If you're staying on the island, your best bet is likely to be to take the airport subway to the mainland and get off at Geomam Station, which has 3 clubs - #8, #5, and #3 from this list - within about 3.5km.

3. nbonkowsky

nbonkowsky Regular Member

Athlete/Coach
    Thank you for the information, sorry that is my bad for not stating i will most likley be staying at one of the hotels really (relatively) clsoe to the airport i have yet to book one as am looking for the best cost and easily accessible hotel since i have to spend 4 nights there.

I will definetly look into traveling to geoman station and that area to see some of the clubs, do you know any members here who play at either of those clubs? or do you play at either of those 3 by chance?

4. event

event Regular Member

Sorry but I don't know of anyone who plays in Incheon. I never have. I'm not sure what else to tell you. Four days is actually quite a bit to spend on the airport island, especially when you consider that you get get from there to downtown Seoul or Suwon in less than 90 minutes and for $10-12 on a very comfortable bus. Downtown Incheon is similarly less isolated and of course even closer. Any of these choices for accomodation will give you more badminton options but I'll leaving the prioritizing to you, of course.