Travelling with strung rackets

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ELeeTitan, Aug 17, 2012.

1. ELeeTitan

ELeeTitan New Member

Hi bcers,I just recently went to japan and hk and decided to get myself sime rackets while im at it. In japan the guy told me it was better to get the stringing done from were I came from because it would warp the racket in the airplane. Something similar to that... Miscommunication -.-Nobody else has told me the same thing and i cant seem to find a thread about this. Is this true? Whats the theory behind this. Airplane cabins are pressuriZed so that shouldnt make a difference right? Thanks :)

2. yeoldeman

yeoldeman Regular Member

NHS
    I've not had that experience before. I've bought several racquets from Malaysia when I'm back home every 2 years or so. I usually acquire 2-4 a time, strung at 26-27 lbs, and have never had a warped frame from transit. The racquets just go in a soft racquet bag into the overhead storage compartment.

3. ELeeTitan

ELeeTitan New Member

Okay thanks yeoldman. Nice to know :)

4. nbonkowsky

nbonkowsky Regular Member

Athlete/Coach
    I travel all around the world with my racquets and bringing them on a plane (inside the cabin) will not warp the frame (unless somebody crushes your racquet in the overhead bin, hope that doesnt happen).

What you can notice though is a change in string tension when traveling to/from different regions/temperatures in the world. That being said dont stress or worry over that small fact either.

5. ELeeTitan

ELeeTitan New Member

Thanks for the confirmation, I was just unsure about the seller's theory o_O

6. jesspoint

jesspoint Regular Member

I have also never had any troubles with them. You'll be fine.