Should I get a Armortec 900 Technique? What are it's pros?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by SquishyPiggies, Aug 17, 2012.

1. SquishyPiggies

SquishyPiggies Regular Member

Student
    Hi! I need to know what type of racket I should get because I just broke my old one. I need a powerful racket that is light. Please help me!!

2. decoy

decoy Regular Member

I used a 4u at900t and it was certainly great at the net and I felt drops were nice, but for a powerful light racket that's really grasping for straws I think you might have to settle a bit or look at a different racket. If there were that many light powerful rackets out there the option of best racket might be a little easier to answer. ;) I don't know if I'm being really vague but to summarize the at900t has power similar to arc 10. If you want head heavy maybe try z force.

3. dffhkhksg

dffhkhksg Regular Member

I suggest the MX80 (stiff) or the MX70(medium). Light (even 3u) and not TOO head heavy imo. Very fast for defence if that is what you are looking for in "light". Also lots of power if u can use stiff shafts.

#3 dffhkhksg, Aug 18, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
  4. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    900 technique is great, when you hold the handle near the butt, you have the head heaviness to give you that bit of power, but when you hold then handle close to the cone, it's light enough to allow you to respond quickly. as you gain strength, move up to the 900 power, then the voltric series. :)

5. concretemad

concretemad Regular Member

engineer
    very good racket with wonderful hitting sound (who need sound filter?). the drawback is it lacks a lot of solid feel.

6. XtC-604

XtC-604 Regular Member

Store Manager
    The technique was too light in my opinion compared to the power. But to say that the Voltric is a move up from the 900P is just not right. The voltric doesn't feel good.

7. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    well moving up as in weight wise because to me, the voltric z slash is a bit heavier than the 900power as well as a bit stiffer, but maybe that's just my arm. so for the ease of playing, 900p is a bit easier to use as opposed to the voltric z slash. tho i'm using my voltric 70 the most, and don't plan to switch rackets anytime soon :)

8. XtC-604

XtC-604 Regular Member

Store Manager
    Call me old school, call me whatever. I think Yonex stopped making good racquets after the few original series (MP, AT, NS, TI, CAB) The new stuff they put out: Nanoray, Voltric, Arcsaber just feel plain out bad. None of them feel as stable as the old racquets.

9. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

I sort of know what you mean. However, I think it's pretty hard to make the case that the Arcsaber series is plain out bad. The Arc 10 might actually be one of Yonex's best racquets (a bit ironic considering I don't use it).

10. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

The 900T is certainly powerful and light, and fast through the air, but the frame is relatively weak and it feels a bit unstable compared to more modern stuff.

I'd try the Voltric 80 first.

11. XtC-604

XtC-604 Regular Member

Store Manager
    I guess its more personal preference. But the Arc 10 feels like flailing around a wooden stick. The thing has no feel.

I disagree, as weak as the 900T's frame is, its still feels more stable and strong compared to the new stuff Yonex put out.

12. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

The Voltric line feels weak... Had the VT80 3U and after a really hard smash.. The shaft turns to jelly... Had to sell it for cheap....

The ZForce 3U was better than the VT80 but found it really unstable.... Shaft is too weak when matched with a giant ballast at the end!