shoes with the best cushion?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Fuchun Huang, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Fuchun Huang

Fuchun Huang Regular Member

Senior Lecturer of Victoria University
    I used SHB-200 before and found the cushion was very good.
    Recently got Victor's SH-9000ACE-E, and found the cushion, in particular at the front, is not so good. SH-9000ACE might be good for a few quality games, as they enfold my feet well (well, maybe too well, as my left foot arch feels too tight and uncomfortable) and hence no power loss as I can feel. However as I mainly play social games for 2-3 hours each time, I feel lack of cushion, in particular at the front of the shoes, after a few games. Now I'm thinking to buy a new pair! Afterall my feet are far more important than 150 dollars! Yonex SHB-102LTD has the best cushion? Any other shoes? Your experience and opinion would be appreciated.

2. dolbydog

dolbydog Regular Member

After trying all the major brands over 30 years, it still comes down to the basic thickness of the shoe. I found the Yonex F1 to be very good considering how light and thin it is. Likewise, the Victor SH 9000 is a competitive shoe with performance and speed in mind. The SHB 200 was designed for wider feet and usually bigger guys, therefore more cushioning was built in.

You can try the Yonex SC 5 or SC 3. They replaced the SHB 200 and were made with more Power Cushion. I can also recommend Asics Gel Blast for comfort. They are more volleyball shoes and are higher, heavier, and don't really grip as well as badminton shoes. I just got a pair of Asics Gel Blade with longevity and mid-cushioning in mind.

3. paroxysmal

paroxysmal Regular Member

Yes
  4. visor

visor Regular Member

I second the Yonex SC5EX. Had the SHB200 before and this is the replacement for it. If you want a bit more cushioning you can wear one of those special sports socks with thicker bottom cushioning and thinner top part. Yonex has one and the one I'm currently using from RKEP is also excellent especially for the price.

5. Fuchun Huang

Fuchun Huang Regular Member

Senior Lecturer of Victoria University
    Thanks all for the info. Very helpful. For the first time I realize that SC in the SC series of Yonex shoes stands for "Super Cushion", and Yonex states they have 30% more cushion. Just found both SC5EX and SC3MX are available at a local shop, and they sell at the same price. Besides colour and materials used, 5EX has these two "Double Russel Mesh, Tough Guard III" hence seems better? Of course I'll go to the shop and physically try both to know which one feels better. From your experience and point of view, how do they compare?

6. zombie0517

zombie0517 Regular Member

From my experience Asics Gel Blade 3 have good cushioning for badminton. Have not compared with Yonex SC series but certainly more cushion than SHB-F1.

7. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

Which socks models of Yonex and RKEP do you mean?

8. Winn108

Winn108 Regular Member

I've heard the silicon insoles are not very good (like the ones you can get at the pharmacy), especially the heel ones (they tend to move around). Superfeet are good (Dinkalot approved :p). If you're a heavier guy, you'll need a solid insole (i.e. a harder one) for that cushiony effect.

This is what I've heard, I don't really use them because I'm a fairly small guy. But I find that Asics volleyball shoes have good cushioning and are a bit chunkier, unlike the yonex shoes. But I haven't bought a pair of yonex shoes for a while, I hear they're fancier now.

9. visor

visor Regular Member