Replacement/Improvement for Armortec 900 Power

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by asianmonkey, Aug 19, 2012.

1. asianmonkey

asianmonkey Regular Member

Hey guys, I'm an intermediate level player and use Armortec 900 Power. However, recently I've noticed that the racket is very fragile, especially with higher tensions (anything higher than 24lbs). So rather than having to replace the racket every few months I'm looking for a similar racket, preferably from the Yonex range but I'm flexible. I'm a hard hitter and tend to smash/clear the shuttle, but also do well at the net. I play Doubles mostly and Singles every opportunity I get. Info is much appreciated.

2. Lemollin

Lemollin Regular Member

try voltric z-force or voltric 80

3. asianmonkey

asianmonkey Regular Member

I've tried the z-force already but I find that the extra stiff shaft is a little too much for me to handle. I haven't tried the Voltric 80 yet though. Any comparisons from that to the AT900P?

4. lindanfan321

lindanfan321 Regular Member

They are around the same except that the Voltric 80 is faster due to Nanopreme. The VT80 is also a little head heavier than AT900P according to Yonex Charts. Recommended for a AT900P user, will not take too long to adapt:)