Machi membership discount end at 31 Aug 2012

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by machitc, Aug 19, 2012.

1. machitc

machitc Regular Member

Come join and have fun!!!!!
    Poster2.jpg

2. kirila

kirila Regular Member

The owner is a liar! Don't go there if you don't have the partner! They never tell you that. You can pay the money, but ending up without even plays a single game! And there is no refund! Also no kids allowed for drop in! Be careful! I've played so many clubs around the city, but this place is the worst ever. The owner is selfish and has no respect for customers, even kids. My suggestion: look for some other places, friendlier.

3. yerrorice

yerrorice Regular Member

Why do you say that? What happened? I was about to join a 1 month membership until I read this. Can you elaborate?

4. dert45

dert45 Regular Member

Yes, please explain. This facility looks really nice and I think has the highest ceiling in the GTA for badminton.

5. machitc

machitc Regular Member

This customer played drop-in at April 23, 2013 night. After he played one game, he came out and asked for refund the fee due to no one available playing with him. But I told him that drop-in must wait for other people, can't guarantee him playing games one by one non stop. I don't know why no one willing play with him after one game. There were a lot of players inside the courts. That is very unreasonable refund. Anyways, I refunded to him and told him that no more deal with him because he really used our facility.

6. kirila

kirila Regular Member

Its not true!! On Friday April 23 I went to Machi for drop-ins from 8 to 11 pm. After 8;30 I finally played one game and after that I was waiting for another 20 min. Some players were playing singles just ignoring anyone else. After next 15min wait, I tried to join another group of players, but they refused me. I understand that they don’t know me and my badminton level. About myself: I am advanced players with 20+ years of experience, but I never refuse to anyone to play with me even the beginners. Because I don’t want anyone to feel bad or offended. So after over 40min of waiting and getting frustrated, I gave up and went to the owner to ask for refund of $7. He got mad, but finally refunded me $7 by saying, I quote ” Its first and the last time I give you the money back. Next time bring your partner! No more deals!”
    Let me explain, I was playing at this club irregularly for about one month and a half, Tuesdays and Thursdays for drop-ins, Mondays and Fridays with my 9 years old son I also introduced and recommended one of my friend to this facility and he started to take private lessons at Machi.
    The next Friday as usually I went to play badminton at Machi with my 9 years old son. When I walked in, the owner said to me “You are not welcome in this club anymore!” And when he saw my son he said “No more kids allowed for drop-ins”. When I replied, why there is other kids playing on the court?” he was just kept saying that we have to leave immidiatly!
    My questions to the owner “ Why on Facebook before he replied that no partner needed to play in his club?”
    The owner answered: I don’t care about Facebook.
    My question to the owner:” Why he treats me like that despite even that I recommended this club one of my friends trying to bring some business to him?”
    The owner answered: You can tell your friend not to come here as well! And I decide who will play here!
    (What a great appreciation and client service!!)
    My questions to the owner: What my son has to do with all that?
    The owner simply ask us to leave!
    I gave him $10 and left
    Now as a proof I attached reply from Facebook by the owner:
    Machi Training Center We have more people on Friday night drop in. You don't need to bring partner!!
    Not true!!
    The Machi drop-ins schedule:

machi.jpg
    All Drop-in must play games and use rally point system, When you play games, you can only play two games and you need to switch with other players.

Not true!! No mention of: no refund and no kids allowed.
    I’ve been playing so many clubs in Toronto and never had any issues like that. I can say that Machi
    ‘s owner is very rude and immature. Very disrespectful to the people and even kids.
    In all my future posts I’ll try to bring this issue to the badminton community. If he is an honest man he should apologise,( not before me) but at least before my son.