reting for 30days...

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by trapatoni, Aug 19, 2012.

1. trapatoni

trapatoni Regular Member

students
    playing again after a month...

i already quit playing badminton for 30 days (due to ramadhan month)..the next few days (4days) ithink i will play like a craps...
    before that gonna happen to me,do you have any suggestion to prevent that thing?
    during fasting month, i doing a lot of wrist training using mineral bottle..

#1 trapatoni, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
  2. JukUx

JukUx Regular Member

Hmm... what what about swinging a racket with a cover? I think Paul Stewart has some armchair badminton excerises that you can do. Try that! it'll help you :)

3. trapatoni

trapatoni Regular Member

students
    oh...i see..i also swing the racket but without the cover..thanks JuKux..

4. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
    Visualisations are very good if you cant physically play. Spend 5 mins twice a day or until you brains starts to go blank and play a game through ur own eyes!! like your actually playing in ur own body. This will helps things

But dont expect to much. U've been off a month so jus go and enjoy it. If u make errors, laugh at them, who cares. Only a game

5. Jonster

Jonster Regular Member

University Student
    You won't lose much in terms of technique, skill, and timing your hits. It is mainly mental, if you think you are going to be horrible on your first time back after playing, your mind will compensate and prove yourself right.

After hitting strokes in badminton for an extended period of time, the stroke action of your arm, legs, body etc will not be forgotten. This is called muscle memory. Your body is going to remember which muscles to activate to hit shots.

After the university season was over for me, I stopped playing as there was nothing to practice for plus I had exams. A month later I jumped on the court and had not lost anything technical-wise. If anything I was out of breath because I had come back to play at a certain level and I was not physically fit enough to play at that level.