Newbie stringer. Got a few questions.

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by nightynight, Aug 20, 2012.

1. nightynight

nightynight Regular Member

Hi BC members, I have browsed these forums many times and spent alot of time finding all the info i can on stringing.

Just a few things that has me interested and wish to have some clarification on each part.

I recently ordered a drop weight machine (pro's pro challenger 1) which i hope to practice on and later on buy a WISE 2086 if all goes well with the experience i gain.

First is the different types of stringing patterns for different racquets.

I personally have a NS9900 which is a 76 hole grommet. I have seen the video posted by Kwun which shows a clear tutorial on how to string a 76 hole with the method called Haribito pro pattern. Will this work on my racquet and any other 76 hole racquet? e.g. victor and yonex. ALso does this method work with a drop weight?
    (http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...aribito-76-holes-(22x21)-professional-pattern)

I found on MBS that they sell a pack of 600 grommets (http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=25_62_150_152&products_id=122) do they fit majority of racquets such as my own and others? I read in the forums that a NS9000 (cudnt find info on NS9900) has smaller diameter requirements for grommets, 2.1 mm? but in the pack there are sizes of 2.6 +2.7

To tie a finishing knot, its best to use the Pro Kont knot? I have seen a few other knots but im still unsure whether this knot method would be the most recommended? I would like some advice if possible. Also for a newcomer, is it advisable that I should stick with 2 knot patterns as opposed to 4 knots?

Thanks in advance for the answers/criticism.

2. nightynight

There is no edit? Sorry for another post, but a question just sprung to mind.

I cant seem to find anything with regards to how to test or calibrate the dropweight.

Thanks in adavnce ^^

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    1. The standard pattern (yonex) will fit for most rackets. Otherwise, referring to the manufacture (or dealer) website for specific pattern.

2. MBS (HQ) gromments fit for most standard rackets' gromment, except special ones (such as AT). Personally, I use type A and C, for single and double gromment. Sometimes, you need to trim the gromment, as it's too long.

3. Drop weight machine usually do not require calibration (unlike crank). Unless the weight is damaged, otherwise the result should be consistent (unless you are dealing with loose string gripper and/or clamps)

4. nightynight

I dont want to sound too noobie but i looked at MBS (mybadmintonstore) website but cant find no type A or C.

I think i mite jus buy the pack of 600 generic Grommets.

5. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Think they're referring to the generic grommets. There's a drop down menu to select B,C,E,F and I. I is 2.1mm, so I think that might be a longer version of what type A was.

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Personally, I will not go for type I, as it was way too long. If you do not mind about the color, then type J is the way to go. Strange that they do not have type A in stock.

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
  8. nightynight

Oh i see. But do u know which fits a NS 9900 holes? Mainly concerned about the tie off holes.

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I do not have 9900 in my hand at the moment, but I assume you were referring B8 or so, which should be standard double gromments. Therefore, C (may need to trim a bit) should be good.