Proace Amortech version racket VS Sintec Amorace 700 racket?

Discussion in 'Market Place' started by Junhan, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Junhan

Junhan Regular Member

Hi fellow friends,

What's the Pro and Cos for this two racket made from two quality companies (Sintec VS Proace)

Sintec Amorace 700 (clone of Yonex Amortech 700) VS Proace Amortech version racket?

Any great comments about this two top class racket?

Junhan

2. badrad

badrad Regular Member

currently unemployed
    Since it's difficult for us to buy these racquets in our different countries, can you get a chance to demo both and give us a report on your test results? That would be a great contribution to the group.:)

3. legal strike

legal strike Regular Member

hi Junhun what's the selling price for the two clone?

4. Junhan

Junhan Regular Member

Hi fellow friends,

I went to the Bras Pasar Complex 10 & 10 Sports Tradling shop to check out the new Proace Amortech version racket today...

It's called Apacs Armorpower 700 (clone of yonex armortech 700) and the uncle from the shop tell me that Apacs is actually another brand from Proace and the racket is made under the same company.

The Apacs rackets come with 3 version, Apacs Armorpower 600, 700 and 800.. I ask what's the different for this 3 version, and I was told that all the 3 version are the same... Only different by the outlook and design...

I tried to feel all of them and find out that all of them are the same...

This Apacs Armorpower 700 rackets can support tension up to 30 lbs whereas Sintec armorace 700 only support to up 28 lbs.

I brought the racket at $89.. quite reasonable price...

Junhan

#4 Junhan, Sep 17, 2003
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2003
  5. legal strike

hi Junhun $89 with or without string and how much did he quoted u at first?

6. PoseidonLee

PoseidonLee Regular Member

Technician
    Went to the shop 10 & 10 at bras basah last week ... the big boss was around, he told me this week proace armortech will be arriving ...

Retailing $89 with string and free bag. At that price, also entitled to buy a pair of yonex shoe at 50% I think ....

Jun Han, remember to bring the racket to clementi tomolo leh, let me try out. :D

But some comment here ... this shop is very "pro proace" one leh, 100% promote proace ... personnally bought a proace ti 8 .... well, really good ah, totally replaces my mp77!! haha!! My friend bought a platinium Dream, also not bad ... not to promote them here though ... just wondering ...

I bought ti8 at $89 3 weeks back, my friend bought his proace platinium dream at $169 also 3 wks back .... Dunno why the supposingly "Proace" Armortech is cheaper than both the racket. :confused:

Maybe can someone tell is apacs really = proace ??

:cool:

7. Kaffie

Kaffie Regular Member

self-employed
    Ya Apacs owned by Yong Qiang Fei Ying bought over Proace.

http://www.yongqfying.com

#7 Kaffie, Sep 19, 2003
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2003
  8. Junhan

Junhan Regular Member

Hi PoseidonLee,

No Prob my friend.. I'll bring my racket along for our saturday badminton session at clementi sports hall then.. cu there tommorrow...

Junhan

9. legal strike

hi guys how's the racket, can't wait for your review cos i am really interested in getting one?

10. blueyfish

blueyfish Regular Member

*smile* both PoseidonLee & junhan bought their "latest weapon" to court just now...
    as for review..i am sure they would be more than willing to share...

*awaiting....*

11. Junhan

Junhan Regular Member

Hi fellow friends,

Today after having a game with my group of fellow friends at clementi sports hall testing out my newly brought Apacs Armorpower 700 racket, I personally like it very much...

It can support up to 30 lbs with head heavy balance (good for smashing)...
    I personally string it at tension 26 lbs using BG 66 string...

I tried a few smashes and it's very fast and sharp. I think because of the head heavy balance technology, that's why it's abit stiff in the control. Need time to get use to it.

BTW, I personally feel that it's a good racket and I didn't regret buying it.

Junhan

#11 Junhan, Sep 20, 2003
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2003
  12. legal strike

13. PoseidonLee

Technician
    Hi Legalstrike, I can't really give much comment on the rackets cos' me no expert leh ... keke

Anyway, in my own views,

Proace Ti 8: 3U 2G, weight should be considered comfortable for the average person, not too light or too heavy.

- shaft is medium flex, not long, in fact I find that it is shorter then the average rackets nowadays. (I measured it against Yonex Ti10, Cab20, MP77, Proace Platinium dream and Apacs ArmorPower 700)

- Great control, mainly due to it's weight and shorter shaft.
    - Superb responses and reaction.
    - Feels sturdy enough, Personnally dun like flexible racket.
    - Sweetspot is good enuf, rather forgiving on miss hit.

Cons:- fail to aid smashing action as it is not head heavy.
    -: does not aid much in back hand return.

Proace Platinium Dream:- not much comment since it's not mine.
    IMO: superb control but I personnally find it too light.

Apacs ArmorPower 700 (I bought it too over the weekend!)
    - 4U 2G ... but it is heavier than my 3U racket!!!
    - balance is head heavy, long shaft.

As Junhan has commented, smashing power is good. But the smashing movement is actually not as good as Yonex MP77, perharps due to the fact that mp77 is 2U !!
    - Control is good.
    - But response and reaction a bit "retarding" ... well, no perfect ah ... long shaft gives u more power but will retard the racket response.

- sweetspot not very forgiving, I dun understand why ... it is iso head but my 2 hr play on saturday tell me that miss hit ... very jialat. It really make me stress to always hit the sweetspot for optimium performance.
    - shaft a bit stiff but is really good for baseline clear and backhand returns.

Well, need time to get use to it to optimise it's performance.
    ;)

FYI, I string my Ti8 with BG80, 24lbs and ArmorPower 700 with BG65 25lbs.
    For those interested to buy Apacs, it's available at Bras Basah 10 & 10 sport shop... be forewarned ... it is $89 with string, grip and bag! Knn, the salesman told me $99 with string at first! That's in return for me buying so many things from him! Damn too lan! Luckily the big boss told me last week that Apac is arriving and will be retailing for $89!!! If not will kena con $10.

Ok, enjoy your games! :)
    JG

14. shuyi

shuyi Regular Member

I think there is a "one for one" promotion going on for Proace and Apacs rackets in Malaysia (JB) and Singapore (Queensway shopping centre). Not sure whether it is only selected models but i saw quite a number of models got that deal.

I remember the price of "Mighty Muscle 999" is about RM165 (two rackets) inclusive of strings, bag and grip....

15. legal strike

thanks Lee, i don't like the guy at all, real con man. anyway properly getting the platinum dream or the ti 11.

by the way guys is there any where else that sell pro ace racket with honest sale man?

16. msenghl

msenghl Regular Member

Project Manager
    Hi Lee, when you bought at SGD89, does it include bag or just simply the racket?

By the way, do anyone of you know how much is the yellow ProAce that is similar to Yonex MP 99 cost? I think the model is Platinum 530 or that is Platinum Dream or something. Because the guy told me is SGD 139, I think it should be the same person as some of you has mentioned here.

Thanks for the reply

17. PoseidonLee

Technician
    yup legalstrike, I agree ... maybe not to the extend of a real con man lah ... but very typical dis-honest salesman ...

Well, I got the feeling that if I had not asked, he would have sold me the Apac at $99 w/o string and bag ....

FYI, I got my Proace Ti 8 at $89 with string, grip and a big proace bag (enuf to hold 6-7 rackets) from him too.

MS- yup, the apac I bought $89 with string, grip and bag(I swap the bag for something else though)

As for other place, dunno leh, proace seems not very widely sold in SG ... ya, heard that Malaysia selling Proace very cheap, think saw somewhere in this forum that Platinium 110 is selling abt RM110- 169 as compared to SG$118 from Con-man. haha!

The yellow proace MSENGHL mentioned is the platinium 530, comes in 4U and 3U version. 3U version feels like a metal rod, damn stiff ... train up ur wrist power b4 using it ... Mr Conman quote my friend $139 also ... include string, grip and big bag. Still say "this price for you only!" ... knn!haha!

MSENG, IMO, dun buy that one lah, if u like yellow colour, try Apac ArmorPower 800, I think it is better then 530. :)

Apac ArmourPower 700- maroon colour, exactly like yonex armourtech 700.
    Apac ArmourPower 600- blue, dun buy this lah, if u check every corner, u will notice something different from 700&800.

Platinium Dream is blue colour, selling $169.

Well, proace and Apac racket is good lor, but think better check out price before getting one.

Anyway, dun think mightly muscle 999 is from Proace, izzit from Sintec??

:cool:

18. ak6210

ak6210 Regular Member

student
    how much is platinum dream in jb? this is supposed to be the more popular racket from proace. and can some malaysians tell me where i can get them in jb. thanks

19. legal strike

or better still make arrange so that those interested can place an order or meet n go shop for proace together

20. shuyi

shuyi Regular Member

Sorry i cannot remember exactly the cost those racket that you all mentioned.

However, i've been to the shop (JB) in Taman Sentosa (shop name: Hongly) and Taman Sri Tebrau (Shop name: Mega). There are quite a number of proace and apacs racket... and the price is reasonable.

Let me know if you are interested to visit these shops in JB. I can describe the place in more details. :)