I've had A great day

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ttktom, Sep 14, 2003.

1. ttktom

ttktom Regular Member

it was a Tournament in The U.K in liverpool today where all the county players played i'm not a county player nor's my lady partner i play division 6 badminton my partner plays division 4.

we got a few sniggers but it was us that was laughing when we won round1,2,3,quaters,semi's we narrowley missed out on winning the final so it felt great to wipe the smiles of those county players.

2. frictionman

frictionman Regular Member

Lawyer
    Well congratulations then. time and time again action DO speak louder than words.

3. other

other Regular Member

Student
    hehehe........well done! i guess similar to what we did, which is on a much smalller scale. me and my doubles partner played two new people to our school (sixth form) and they were couinty players.......came back to take the game very nicely...hehehe....if we keep this up we'll be the first pair at least:)

4. woop.

woop. Regular Member

Brilliant going. I wanted to ask something to uk players that relates directly to this. I play badminton at local league level but have recently started coaching and believe my game should improve quite significantly as a result. I'm 28 so way past being on the curve for playing at county level or whatever. However it would be really interesting to find that I have a future where I can play in tournaments and not be completely annihilated.

Is this likely? Are there tournaments in the uk that cater for my kind of level or is it generally only the more elite?

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    you gotta be kidding! I've seen a guy who only took up the game in his thirties play really well. Later heard he played for Surrey 2nd team singles not long later. Another guy in HK has done the same by taking the game up in his thirties and beats many young aspiring singles players (including myself:().

Go for it and enjoy yourself. The only problem is trying to hear about them which many times is by word of mouth. There should be a few non-county tournaments in London. The more you network in the badminton community, the more frequently you'll hear of them.

Oh yeah, well done ttktom:cool:

6. Rohly

Rohly Regular Member

well done, you must of been pretty pleased to get that far in the tournament if they were all county players against you

7. seanrachy

seanrachy Regular Member

Technical Analyst
    UK Tournaments

If any UK players are looking for some tournaments where there will be a good mix of Club and County level players, then should check out the Welsh Senior Series.

It is mainly to cater for the Club players who want to participate in tournaments outside there respective League competitions. It is ideal as unlike the England Satellite tournaments, these are done on a group basis for the 1st round.

I am organising the South Glamorgan Open down near Cardiff, so if you feel like coming along please check out the details/entry form on the WBU website.

www.welshbadminton.net under the events section

Cheers,
    Sean

8. woop.

woop. Regular Member

Am I right in thinking you would have to be in the WBU to enter? I play in England so am currently just a member of the BAofE.

9. seanrachy

seanrachy Regular Member

Technical Analyst
    Badminton Tournaments (UK)

Woop,

It is open to anyone - as long as they are affiliated to a National Governing body - so just like the Welsh can go in the England Satellite series, the English can go in the Welsh Senior Series etc

Sean