String problem

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by rrubb, Aug 21, 2012.

1. rrubb

rrubb Regular Member

I have a problem. i used before bg66 and bg80. Both of thses string snapped at a duration of 1 month each. I thought my racket frame is causing a problem therefore i changed a new racket and string it with bg66. After a duration of 1 week the string snapped again.

I played 5 days straight on the new racket which i just bought. Each session i played for 2-3hours.(Just on the new racket 5days in a row).

Old racket- 25lbs bg66, bg80
    New racket- 26lbs bg66

My friend's racket strung at the same shop as me had nothing wrong with it.

Is the problem caused by my technique or just luck is not on my side?

Please someone advise, thank you

2. phili

phili Regular Member

Do you mishit the shuttle regularly? Hitting with the frame or not hitting with the sweet spot in general decreases your string's lifetime. By the way 1 month isn't that short if you play often.

3. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i would say 1 month, 5 days a week, at 2-3hrs a day, for both bg66 and bg80 is pretty awesome. if your friend's string lasts longer, maybe he doesn't hit as hard or doesn't shift the strings as much as you do...i've never seen you hit so i can really judge your form by how quickly your strings break.

on a side note, my bg65 won't even last a month and i play only 2-3x a week. maybe MY form needs improvement....shoot :(

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    1. Tension
    2. Technique - e.g. mishit
    3. Power
    4. Stroke - e.g. slice
    5. Storage condition - e.g. extremely cold or hot, which means leave in car trunk is a nono

5. rrubb

rrubb Regular Member

The new racket was bought last friday with bg66 26lbs and snapped on tuesday, for these 5days we played 2-3hours, same as my previous racket which last me about 3 week with bg66, bg80 25lbs(strung 2time).

Sorry if my sentence confuse you guys~~~

6. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    it could be a mis-hit, or it could be that the string has been sitting around too long so it's a bit dry. that's all i could think of. just wait and see if it happens again or if this is the only time. if it happens multiple times, maybe its the string or the way you hit the shuttle. if it's just this once, then it's just by accident.