Equivalent to Wilson ncode n5

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by MikeFlint, Aug 21, 2012.

1. MikeFlint

MikeFlint New Member

Hi,

I am a casual badminton player (doubles only ... well occasional singles) and for the last 4 years I've used a Wilson ncode n5 racquet. I had it re-strung about 3 years ago, but that's it.

The n5 has balance 29cm and weight 85-89g I think.

Anyway today I managed to crack the frame against my partner's racquet :crying:, so need a replacement. I didn't get on with the Wilson to start, but now really like it, but it's not made any longer :(

I'd say I'm mainly a defensive player. I certainly have no real power, but maybe that means I need a higher power racquet?

Can anyone recommend a similar racquet to this one? I've looked at the Wilson BLX range and figure the BLX Power is similar. Does this sound like a good choice? I'd prefer to stick with Wilson simply because I liked the n5 so much.

As a little red herring, after cracking the frame (the split was halfway through the frame so it was still usable ... and I used it) I carried on playing for another game and actually found it better. So I guess that was lower tension in the strings? As I say, I wouldn't call myself anything other than a casual player :)

Thanks for any advice!

Mike.

2. dffhkhksg

dffhkhksg Regular Member

I suggest buying a nice $50 racket (swing it in store to see what you like) and just leave the factory strings on it. Obviously whatever you strung it at 3 years ago was far too high for your current abilities and made you lose significant amounts of power.