help! got pain in my arm :(

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by Faisal, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Faisal

Faisal Regular Member

Student
    Hi everybody,

Since one week I am having pain on the upper part between the elbow and the shoulder, well...more to the elbow. Someone at the club told it's because I when I hit my shots I don't make use of my wrist. He also said that it will take some time to heal :( Does anyone of you know anything to make it heal soon? The pain is really bad when I play...but the next day its really little. But on court its really bad...my arm even shakes a little! I will appreciate your remedies...Thank you.

2. frictionman

frictionman Regular Member

Lawyer
    Hi Faisal, have the same problem last week. Probably nothing serious just take a couple of days (3-4) break and it will go away. I got this problem by over using my arm last week. May i ask if it's a muscle pain or more of a joint/bone pain? if it's the latter it will take longer. Just to be sure it's all healed up, don't force your arm if you feel a sligthest discomfort to prevent permanent injury.

3. frictionman

frictionman Regular Member

Lawyer
    and also seeking a professional wouln't hurt either if the pain doesn't go away...

#3 frictionman, Sep 14, 2003
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2003
  4. Kaffie

Kaffie Regular Member

self-employed
    It might be due to "tendon pinched".

It starts from the shoulder all the way down to the arm, and for more severe cases the pain stretch till the elbow.

Do stretching everyday and before game to get the tendon back in place.
    Stretching for this is simple, just hook your fingers together behind your lower back, elbow bend, and push your arm backwards.
    Try to strengthen your arm and shoulder as well. Using some weights and instead of the normal lifting of the weights towards your shoulder, relax your shoulder, elbow bend at 90% parallel to the ground and move your elbow left and right, try not to move the shoulder and upper arm while doing it.

Hope this helps.

5. cybertrio

cybertrio Regular Member

Undergrad student
    I used to have that problem... but after playing for a while the problem would goes off by itself.... i do have wrist straining after every game... so i just let it be...

6. lkomarci

lkomarci Regular Member

another weakling huh?
    lemme repeat this, strengthen your arm muscles, do push-ups, your triceps must be rusty. either that, or you have a bad technique

7. pandee720

pandee720 Regular Member

yes, again, i'll agree with the guy above ^_^