Racket Help

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by badmi, Aug 23, 2012.

1. badmi

badmi New Member

I was wondering if people on here could help me out as I feel lost and helpless in the mission of buying a new badminton racket. I will try to provide as much detail as possible about my game and I hope someone could kindly help push me in the right direction :)

I've played badminton casually for a while now both a mixture of doubles and singles but I intend to play more seriously when I start at uni in September. Here's the details then:

Level - intermediate
    How often I will play - once a week
    Game - both a mixture of doubles and singles
    Playing style - Balanced some attacking and defending hope to improve attacking game in the future.
    Racket flex - (not too sure about this) somewhere inbetween might be best.
    Weight - Again a sort of middle ground might be best as I'm not sure.
    Budget - around £50 (student budget haha)

As you can see I am by no means advanced but hope to improve my game as quickly as I can as I already play other racket sports well, and I wouldn't want to buy a racket that limits my progress in anyway. So really I'm looking for an all rounder sort of racket that's not too expensive, if that makes sense. Thanks for your help :)

Also I found the YONEX VOLTRIC 3 might meet my needs. Anyone have any opinions on this racket?

2. aznguy

aznguy Regular Member

From what I read in your post, the arcsaber series might be your best bet as they are mostly mid balance rackets and vary in terms of flex. Maybe the arc 008 is a good place to start as its a mid flex and moderately balanced racket. The Voltric 3, similar to the rest of the voltric series are predominantly head heavy rackets however it has a mid flex as well.

Good luck!!

3. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i agree with aznguy, an arcsaber 002 might be a nice racket for you, and it's under 100 USD. i have one that i still use from time to time.

4. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    After you get your new racket...I suggest you practice footwork drills/exercises. That will help you more than a new racket.

5. badmi

badmi New Member

Okay guys thanks for the help! So most people would recommend the arcsaber series then? And I will definitely work on footwork once I've got the racket. Hoping to get quite good in the future :)

6. kiradeathnote

kiradeathnote Regular Member

student
    Arcsaber or nanospeed. Nanospeed is mostly flex and head light very suitable for players who doesnt have a style of play yet.

If brand doesnt matter I'll say go for the Head brand. They are very cheap right now, because they aint produce any badmintonrackets anymore. For example the Head metallix 10000 is 49.99 pound. That's one of the top rackets.

Yonex is a good brand, but never good for your wallet. That's my opinion.

7. badmi

badmi New Member

So which do you think out of the arcsaber 008 or the head metallix 10000 is the better option for me? Thanks guys

8. kiradeathnote

kiradeathnote Regular Member

student
    I just only have tried the metallix 10000 (own the 8000, perfect racket.). It's a attacking racket. Kinda stiff but still head light. I think it is a good racket, dropshot and smashes were okey but you'll need the get the timing on it. So if you are a attacking player it's a good racket, but it needs some time to get used of it.

metallix 4000, 6000 and 8000 is easy to use, light and flex, so good for developing a playstyle and they are cheap too if you find one.

Arc 008. never used it. :(.

9. minimarcy

minimarcy Regular Member

Digital Advertising
    For £50 mate, you can get quite a high-end Apacs racket. Recently bought the Lethal 9 and Finapi 88 - and much prefer the Finapi 88 at the minute. Solid racket, good power and control, and would be a much better bet than buying a low-end, or mid-range Yonex etc for the price.
    Check out the Tantrum 200/300 and see what kind of price you can get - much better option in my honest opinion! :)