"Micro" string?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by LazyBuddy, Sep 15, 2003.

1. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Last sat, a player from my club asked me to string his racket. He told me he prefer "micro" string. I did not quite understand his request. He said, a stringer previously using some string for him, and he likes it (good durability, hold tension well). He could not remember the actual brand / model name (or, actually it is "micro"???). He could only remember, there are letters printed on the string, says "micro".

I was wondering whether he means "Ashway MicroLegend", but he could not confirm. Since I don't have any Ashway strings, I just suggested BG65 instead.

Since I never use Ashway Micro Legend before, or even saw it, I am not sure whether my assumption was right or not.

Any ideas? :confused:

2. Traum

Traum Regular Member

Gosen has at least two strings that use the word "micro" in them, namely the Micro Tech 4 and the Hy Sheep Super Micro. Given your description of the string (good durability, holds tension well), it seems to match the behaviour of the Hy Sheep Super Micro very well.

-Rick

3. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Oh, I see...

So, it's Gosen string then. Well, in US market, I don't see the 2 kinds u listed. Most Gosen I could get hand on are "roots", "roots Ti", "Gs80/88" etc.

I will bring the info to him. If he wants to, he can bring in his string (assume he could find it here), and I will just charge him for the labor then.

Thanks. ;)

4. Pointfore.Ca

Pointfore.Ca Regular Member

Equipment Reseller
    Just a FYI, Ashaway MicroLegend only comes in a red, white and blue colour while the Gosen Hy Sheep Super Micro comes in solid colours.

They still have it on the Gosen website at www.gosen.com.

5. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Well, you can always look onto his old strings and finds the information there.
    EX: BG-65 will says "Yonex BG-65" on the string itself:)

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I know.

The problem is, his current "old" string is also BG65. The "micro" he referred to, was way back then.