Looking for more durable feather birds...

Discussion in 'Shuttlecock' started by WoOZY, Aug 27, 2012.

1. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

Recently it is apparent that a lot of our Victor Champion No.1 birds are warping after I smash the bird into the the opponents court or into the net. Since I'm mainly playing singles with my friends, they are not happy that my smashes are warping birds (basically the bird lands in their court and the feathers cave in causing the bird to be more oval rather than round). The feathers don't break off but because the shape of the bird changed, the flight is also affected.

Trying to find a more durable to withstand the beating I give those poor birds :p.

Should I step up to Yonex AS50 or Victor Master Ace?

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    maybe step up to one grade higher than victor champ 1, and whatever equivalent to that from yonex as well. i wouldn't recommend wilson topline shuttles because they all tend to be a bit fast, all grades from wilson. give aeroplane black label a try as well if you haven't done so already. maybe yonex as50 as the last resort, then whatever they used at the 2012 olympics???

3. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

I haven't tried the Aeroplane black label with my current racquet setup... They are decent for the price but I think the Champion No.1 are still more consistent....

Anyone know how RSL and Victor ranks their No. 1 to No.7? As in which end of the range is their higher end birds?

4. phili

phili Regular Member

With RSL shuttles the smaller the number the better the shuttles are but the tourney classics are quite a bit better thant tourney no. 1

5. Gunnersfan

Gunnersfan Regular Member

Student
    try AS30....
    it's just good enough for intermediate play....
    if not just go for AS50 as the last resort...

6. WoOZY

WoOZY Regular Member

I'll trade my friend some Victor Champs for her RSL Tourney Classic... Then buy a tube of AS30,40, 50 and try for singles