Which strings on an ArcSaber 7

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by _MICHAEL_, Aug 27, 2012.

1. _MICHAEL_

_MICHAEL_ Regular Member

Hello,
    I'm going to pick up an ArcSaber 7 (The newest one) and I was wondering what string I should use if I'm a 14 years old intermediate player (played for about 4 years), I'm all about singles (I however go in 1 or 2 doubles tournament per year), I tend to attack a lot and I play sevral times a week. I'm also looking for a string that offers performance but that is also pretty durable.

Here's what my badminton store offers: BG65, BG80, Nanogy 95, BG70 pro or BG70 on the main strings with Nanogy 95 on the horizontal strings (never heard of mixing strings but they offer it at my badminton store).

(Btw, I like it at 22lbs but I think I'll try 23lbs this time)

Thanks for your help, and sorry about my english, I'm french.

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

We would need to know what you are using right now, but the Arc 7 is a relatively "soft" racket, so I would go on the tight side if you use something stiffer at the moment.

To give some context, I play with very stiff rackets at 30 lb. I bought an Arc 7 and tried it at 30 lb - too soft. Tried 32 lb - too soft. That was as high as I was prepared to go, so I sold the racket:).

P.S. There's no point mixing strings on a badminton racket (unless you want different colours).

3. _MICHAEL_

_MICHAEL_ Regular Member

Thanks man, My old racket was a HEAD nano power ti. 10000 which was indicated ''flex''. The last time it was strung was whit BG65 at 23lbs when I was 11 years old, which I taught was perfect. However I'm more powerful now, and the Arc 7 is medium flex. So I'm thinking of BG65 or BG70 pro at 24lbs.

4. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

70Pro isn't great; I would stick to BG65 - tried and tested:).

5. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

Bg80 is a really good string, it seems to give good performance but still gives good durability. The newer bg80 power is also good but I haven't had much time using it yet.

6. _MICHAEL_

_MICHAEL_ Regular Member

I'm very tempted for the BG80 but I'm scared it might be to hard for a 14 years old, I am correct or I'm just being silly?

7. Dave1011

Dave1011 Regular Member

I didn't have a problem switching from bg65ti to bg80, if anything it seemed easier to use.

8. _MICHAEL_

_MICHAEL_ Regular Member

That's because bg65ti is a ''hard feeling'' string...

9. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

65Ti loses tension faster than almost everything else I've tried.

BG80 doesn't really get "hard" until the high 20's - 23/24 should be fine.

10. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    obviously the durable ones are the 65 and 95. i've used 65 a long time ago, but not recently so i can't comment on that, 95 is crap IMHO, but durable. i love the pop on the 70pro, and also the power on the 80. i believe i felt some power from the 70pro as well, but not as much as the 80, and i do think the 70pro is a bit more durable than 80. consider the number of hours you play a week, using bg80 wouldn't be a problem unless you can generate a whole lot of power on your power shots. :)

11. APB Stringers

APB Stringers Regular Member

Professional Stringer
    Its got to be bg80 out of that selection. It is by far Yonex's best all round string and is extremely good value for money!

Please visit www.apbstringers.co.uk for more information on strings as well as stringing help and reviews.

12. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

I use NBG98 on the 3U rackets and NBG95 on the 2U Arcsaber 7. Since your supplier cannot deliver NBG98, best would be BG80 for more repulsion.

These rackets play best at higher tensions. I've seen a lot of disappointed players playing with too low tensions. I use 13 kg with the 2U ARC7 but only 11 kg with the 3U racket because of the higher repulsion. Not sure if it's playable for you, but I don't underestimate anyone nowadays.