First new racquet in almost 10 years

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by weidmark, Aug 29, 2012.

1. weidmark

weidmark New Member

Hi,

I used to play badminton in elemntary school and highschool. I purchased a Black Knight Ti nearly 10 years ago. My girlfriend and I were going to start playing and I was going to pick up a racquet for her (she has never played).

Will we notice the different between a $50 racquet and a $100 racquet?

I am assuming almost any racquet purchased these days will be better than my 10 year old racquet... or am I assuming incorrectly?

I was looking at the yonex nanospeed 100 as it seems to have decent reviews.

2. sting.kl

sting.kl Regular Member

For a beginner I would think a more even balanced racquet that's relatively flexible would be helpful. Nanospeed in general is known to be relatively head light. Perhaps try a low-end arcsaber.

3. Deathblader

Deathblader Regular Member

Student/Lifeguard/Athlete
    I agree. Perhaps an ArcSaber 3 FL?

4. doughnut

doughnut Regular Member

Definitely a difference between a $50 and $100 racquet. Not so much between $100 and $150 maybe. Nanospeed is good for girls. I liked it when I first started playing regularly. It was my second racket, upgrade from a $50 one.

5. Cloud7z

Cloud7z Regular Member

Disagree, considering he is only just getting back into badminton, and his girlfriend has never played. I think there is no point in getting a $100 racquet over a $50 one. Heck, a $15 racquet will be fine if it's got decent build.

6. doughnut

doughnut Regular Member

I recently brought a close friend (who never plays badminton) to play. She had a $20 racket, those pre-strung ones that have almost no tension, and it was literally just a piece of steel. I lent her my racket and she said it felt so much lighter and easier to hit! It's hard to get a decent build racket at $15. That ll probably scare his girlfriend away from badminton.

7. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i recent go a friend into badminton and the owner of the shop recommended a low end arcsaber, and he's actually improving quite a bit and the racket is still capable for whatever badminton he's into. if you and your friends are serious about badminton, there's some good in buying a decent low end racket until you get to a point where you feel you need a better racket :)

8. Gunnersfan

Gunnersfan Regular Member

Student
    i suggest you to take a look to arcsaber 001 and arcsaber 002....
    it's even balance head which give you a bit more power than NS100 and it's flexible shaft which suitable for a beginners.....
    Arcsaber 3FL already a high end racket, i dont think you should get that for your girlfriend as she never play before....
    about the difference, i dont know how the pricing in Europe or America, but there should differences between the prices....
    they wouldnt put a higher price if there's no differences....

9. weidmark

weidmark New Member

Went to a local sports store today and picked up a Carlton vapor trail vanquish. Got it for $90 after taxes. They only had the low end Yonex racquets in stock so I was not able to see an Arcsaber. Tried it out today, feels pretty good but I dont have much to compare to.

10. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    At those prices, u might want to consider a higher end used one off the forums!

11. Snowcrash

Snowcrash Regular Member

Nanospeed 100 is not as headlight compare to higher end ones, perfectly good for someone picking up badminton.