Drop weight machine

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by nightynight, Aug 30, 2012.

1. nightynight

nightynight Regular Member

Ok i have searched high and low for an answer on this matter. But cudnt find it.

I jus need to know if anyone has a challenger 1 or similar drop weight machine.

I am having some trouble clarifying the tension measure on the drop weight bar.

I see two row of numbers. I am assuming the too row is for KG (tennis) and the bottom row is for lbs (badminton)

2. johnlowe88

johnlowe88 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    I have a couple of drop weight machines - the scales are both different.

On my Klip machine, the bar has two scales - one on the left of the bar, and one on the right. I.e. If you let the weight bar rest down, you can look down onto the left scale. My scale has two numbers, i.e. above the line is in lbs and below the line is in kgs. At the big numbers, i.e. 30, 40, 50 the marking on the line is a double line which for me - indicates that both weights are used.

Now, if I raise the bar and let it sit on the left above the clamps - there is another scale - this is for a single weight (so the additional weight held by a bolt should be removed). Again it shows lbs above the line and kgs below the line.

I agree that this was quite confusing originally as I did not have a manual. If in doubt, you are best to get a tension calibrator - even the spring ones will do because all you need to know is how to read the markings. Does this help you?

Ok, my old machine is very very old - it only has numbers for tennis, but then there is a printed sticker that shows what the corresponding tension would be for a single weight.

Also you can check with W&D Strings for info on the Pro's Pro Challenger 1.

-John

3. nightynight

nightynight Regular Member

Thank you John. I will look at it carefully again.

I will try check the tension with a calibrator as you suggested.

4. bigeyedog

bigeyedog New Member

Electrical Technologist
    both two lines are lbs

both two lines are lbs, larger numbers for tennis (with two weights on),
    and the smaller numbers are for badminton (only put the small weight on)