User Tag List

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 171 to 187 of 237
  1. #171
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    214
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It's so unfortunate that Ahsan's shoulder injury costs them the Denmark SSP title & participation in France SS! Otherwise, they would've claimed the first spot following France SS. Nonetheless, it's no biggies, for with their quality, seeding in a tourney doesn't really matter for them.

  2. #172
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Posts
    696
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markuswair View Post
    It's so unfortunate that Ahsan's shoulder injury costs them the Denmark SSP title & participation in France SS! Otherwise, they would've claimed the first spot following France SS. Nonetheless, it's no biggies, for with their quality, seeding in a tourney doesn't really matter for them.
    I hope Ahsan heals in time to prepare for the BWF Super Series Finals in December.

  3. #173
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    240
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Yah, saw Ahsan grasping his right shoulder a few times after smashing, which lacked sting today. Not to mention Setiawan uncharacteristically made more errors defending.

    No worries, they're been on a good run since early 2013. Just take some time to heal.
    Ahsan must change his racket as the Arc FB he's using now is too light and he has to generate
    all the power by himself - this is very taxing to him and maybe the cause of his discomfort/injury.

  4. #174
    Regular Member visor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    9,501
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by senior888 View Post
    Ahsan must change his racket as the Arc FB he's using now is too light and he has to generate
    all the power by himself - this is very taxing to him and maybe the cause of his discomfort/injury.
    Wholeheartedly agree!

    We've often discussed on BC whether he's even using the real FB or perhaps a repainted one... but the way he had been smashing since the beginning of the yr winning all the tournaments they've entered, that must be putting a real strain on his shoulder and arm.

    Even in the previous 2 tournaments including WC his elbow was visibly taped up already.

  5. #175
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    jakarta
    Posts
    73
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by quixilver View Post
    I saw Ahsan seemed not comfy with his right shoulder since the QF against the Japanese MD pair, I think he was struggling with his shoulder injury. Hope it's not something bad though.
    I did notice this problem too since QF and i wonder if Ahsan injury while at this tournament or before?
    I will be disappointed if PBSI sent Ahsan while knowing before if he was not at 100% fit or already had shoulder problem. It is too much to risk sending an injury player especially for precious player like Ahsan. If i am not mistaken since last year combination with Hendra, Ahsan already had at least 2 (or 3?) shoulder injury. Something that must be carefully not taken for granted.

  6. #176
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    jakarta
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    They lose again to lee/yo.
    One of the excuses, according to coach Herry, is the slower shuttle.

    It is logical, though, because slower shuttle neutralize the advantage of ahsan/ setiawan which is quick reflexes and anticipation.

  7. #177
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Posts
    696
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by konak View Post
    They lose again to lee/yo.
    One of the excuses, according to coach Herry, is the slower shuttle.

    It is logical, though, because slower shuttle neutralize the advantage of ahsan/ setiawan which is quick reflexes and anticipation.
    It is a bad excuse. If you are World Ranked #1, you should be able to play in any condition regardless. Slower shuttle means longer rallies and Ahsan is still nursing his shoulder injury so he can't continuously smashing.

  8. #178
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    3,917
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by indrg View Post
    It is a bad excuse. If you are World Ranked #1, you should be able to play in any condition regardless. Slower shuttle means longer rallies and Ahsan is still nursing his shoulder injury so he can't continuously smashing.
    The problem is that they are playing one of the world top pairs, a slight advantages will determine the winner. Slower shuttles are favor by Korea and China player

    if they r playing against some social players, even plastic shuttle also no prolem

  9. #179
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    240
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by konak View Post
    They lose again to lee/yo.
    One of the excuses, according to coach Herry, is the slower shuttle.

    It is logical, though, because slower shuttle neutralize the advantage of ahsan/ setiawan which is quick reflexes and anticipation.
    Its perplexing to me that until today we are still talking about slower shuttle and what not - why
    can't the the shuttle speed be standardised so as to avoid all this shenaningans. You never heard
    of such problems in tennis, only the court surface are different and accepted as part of the tour -
    the ball is a constant, which should also be the case with the shuttlecock.

  10. #180
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,518
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Any of you fans know what string and tension Ah San use for his Yonex ArcSaber FB (ArcFB) Flash Boost Badminton Racket? Thanks

  11. #181
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Outside the box
    Posts
    13,462
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by senior888 View Post
    Its perplexing to me that until today we are still talking about slower shuttle and what not - why
    can't the the shuttle speed be standardised so as to avoid all this shenaningans. You never heard
    of such problems in tennis, only the court surface are different and accepted as part of the tour -
    the ball is a constant, which should also be the case with the shuttlecock.
    Badminton has different equipment and shuttlecocks are affected by absolute humidity, ambient temperature and atmospheric pressure

  12. #182
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    285
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by indrg View Post
    It is a bad excuse. If you are World Ranked #1, you should be able to play in any condition regardless. Slower shuttle means longer rallies and Ahsan is still nursing his shoulder injury so he can't continuously smashing.
    Agree on the part that top players (not necessarily world no. 1) should be able to play in any court condition. IMO, top players should have the ability to adapt to the court conditions and execute a game plan that factors these aspects into consideration.

    From another point of view, if ahsan/setiawan's game is affected by slower shuttle and lack of smashing power due to injury, could it mean that this is possibly a potential weakness or loophole in their game that opponents can exploit?

  13. #183
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Petaling Jaya
    Posts
    240
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheung View Post
    Badminton has different equipment and shuttlecocks are affected by absolute humidity, ambient temperature and atmospheric pressure
    Man already landed on the moon in the sixties. so all that variables are
    nothing. The problem I understand here is that the victor shuttles used are
    slower and that should not be allowed to happen.

  14. #184
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,518
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Any of you fans know what string and tension Ah San use for his Yonex ArcSaber FB (ArcFB) Flash Boost Badminton Racket? Thanks

  15. #185
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    jakarta
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by senior888 View Post
    The problem I understand here is that the victor shuttles used are
    slower and that should not be allowed to happen.
    But if you hear GC commentary, she was very happy with the slower shuttle. it Made more rallies in MD, she said. As if we don't see enough rallies in WD departement.

    But I don't get it.
    "first three shot" is not a new concept. But A/S is the most successful pair who employ it, and it makes their game so short and "boring". So according to GC logic, because other pair had a hard time against A/S, we must "help" them to match A/S by using the slower Shuttle, so any top 20 pair can defend against A/S agressive three first shot.

    I think its not fair. I think it should be the opposite. We should encourage the other pair to match the speed and wit of setiawan in the net. Because we want to see athletes dig in to their ultimate capabilities. We want to see the fastest, the strongest and the smartest player to win.
    And using three first shot is an honest and smart way to win.
    Why would GC oppose it?

  16. #186
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Sydney, AU
    Posts
    81
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Because it's good for viewer to see longer rallies in MD with a lot of smashes etc etc. But then like you said, what will happen in WD if they are going to use slower shuttle lol. GC actually raised this issue as well (impact on other departments)

  17. #187
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    214
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by konak View Post
    But if you hear GC commentary, she was very happy with the slower shuttle. it Made more rallies in MD, she said. As if we don't see enough rallies in WD departement.

    But I don't get it.
    "first three shot" is not a new concept. But A/S is the most successful pair who employ it, and it makes their game so short and "boring". So according to GC logic, because other pair had a hard time against A/S, we must "help" them to match A/S by using the slower Shuttle, so any top 20 pair can defend against A/S agressive three first shot.

    I think its not fair. I think it should be the opposite. We should encourage the other pair to match the speed and wit of setiawan in the net. Because we want to see athletes dig in to their ultimate capabilities. We want to see the fastest, the strongest and the smartest player to win.
    And using three first shot is an honest and smart way to win.
    Why would GC oppose it?
    Exactly so! GC's idea is illogical. Just because Ahsan/Hendra is the most successful in employing this strategy doesn't mean, they should not be allowed to be the most successful.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •