User Tag List

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    If you re-watch the 2 matches, the INA pair played brilliantly and their strategies were spot on. Ko, in particular, was the weak link in this partnership. Lee could not even unleash his net prowess.
    Yes. I could not agree more, Ko is their weakest link, but i do appreciate LYD, he is quite supportive to Ko and does not put Ko under pressure from him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as an indonesian, i see hendra setiawan (HS)'s calmness is too much even it's weird, his expression of winning the Olympic Gold Medal and SSP is too flat, like as he just beat his teammates in daily training, it is contrast with ahsan's explosion and expressive face after winning a match

but HS has incredible technicque, he always make a drop shot when his opponent think he's gonna smash, and his ability to cut the shutlecock in front of net is amazing, while ahsan's poor technique made him placed behind HS to do some jumping smash. Mentally, dan technically, HS is way better than Ahsan but i hope they keep improving

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gigih View Post
    as an indonesian, i see hendra setiawan (HS)'s calmness is too much even it's weird, his expression of winning the Olympic Gold Medal and SSP is too flat, like as he just beat his teammates in daily training, it is contrast with ahsan's explosion and expressive face after winning a match

but HS has incredible technicque, he always make a drop shot when his opponent think he's gonna smash, and his ability to cut the shutlecock in front of net is amazing, while ahsan's poor technique made him placed behind HS to do some jumping smash. Mentally, dan technically, HS is way better than Ahsan but i hope they keep improving
    Hendra Setiawan was screaming while he was winning OG Gold Medal at 2008. In the near future you might saw him screaming again while winning WC2013. Ahsan techniques is not poor, as i could recall, he placed his defensive shoot so good and sent both KOR in the wrong direction. Ahsan is more towards back player, while Hendra is more towards front player, they have its own special strengths and weaknesses of course, just that i could not find their weaknesses so far. You can't compare both of them in term of skills as they are specialized in different areas. That makes them a lethal combination.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Licin View Post
    Yes. I could not agree more, Ko is their weakest link, but i do appreciate LYD, he is quite supportive to Ko and does not put Ko under pressure from him.
    Well, let's say. He may have no purposes to do so. But I think it is a pressure to play with a "senior" team mate. So it's like putting under pressure without purposes.

Whatever, this is not the topic about them. Let's stop the offtopic here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gigih View Post

I think Ahsan's technique doesn't poor at all. He has also show some decent and few great frontcourt play. But compare to Hendra, I think Ahsan did much more errors in a game under pressure.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Imo, both Ahsan and Setiawan are the most complete and all around MD players of all the top pairs. They both can play front or back, smash or defend, fast or slow, etc.

They really have no weaknesses. This is what makes them a lethal combination.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Imo, both Ahsan and Setiawan are the most complete and all around MD players of all the top pairs. They both can play front or back, smash or defend, fast or slow, etc.

They still have some weakness for the defence, especially Ahsan. Physic and emotion also still need to be repaired.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

True. They can be unusually and painfully inconsistent some tournaments eg. AE2013 and Axiata 2013, where their serves were sad and they played without belief nor fire.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drquick View Post
    I think Ahsan's technique doesn't poor at all. He has also show some decent and few great frontcourt play. But compare to Hendra, I think Ahsan did much more errors in a game under pressure.
    True... Ahsan is very fast and his smashes are done in very steep angle, this kind of smash is very difficult to be returned and count-attacked. Without a good defensive clear, Hendra will be able to intercept on the mid-court. Happened so many times during their games against LYD/KSH and CY/FHF.
    Sometimes Ahsan was getting carried away by the rush and he's not mentally strong enough if their opponents are leading with points but luckily Hendra who is more experienced/senior, able to guide and calm him down to stay focused. Good news is, seems like Ahsan is getting better as he managed to get emotionally stable at some critical points in their last few matches, and Hendra still performs very well in reading and controlling the pace of their rallies. Looking forward to watch their next matches in Singapore Open 2013 and wish them good luck !

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed with your comment, visor. They are both could be so called jack of all trades with expertise. The other MD, i really enjoyed watching to is LXL/QZH. LXL/QZH ahead of Ahsan/Hendra in terms of speed, however Ahsan/Hendra ahead of CHN MD in terms of strategy and shuttle placement. Should both of them clash each other, it would be very entertaining to watch, i will still pick Ahsan/Hendra though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by julianng View Post
    yea i'm surprised they won this INA open this time... they beat Cai/Fu in the semis as well... totally unexpected.... not sure if they qualified for the WC or can repeat the same success next month in the world championships.... but still a very good job from this pair beating Lee Yong Dae in the final today....
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    yea , it's true... they qualified for WC next month but just barely lol... this should be interesting to see if they can really perform at the highest level...

they have peaked at just the right time i think.....

they are so much better than KKK ... who can't even beat Cai/Fu or Lee Yong Dae in god knows how many attempts for the past 3-4 years LOL...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahsan prok prok prok.
    Hendra prok prok prok.
    Congrats for making it to Singapore open 2013. Hopefully they can get a back to back titles.
    Definitely a good sign before WC 2013

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dan92 View Post
    Ahsan prok prok prok.
    Hendra prok prok prok.
    Congrats for making it to Singapore open 2013. Hopefully they can get a back to back titles.
    Definitely a good sign before WC 2013
    The match was too short...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quixilver View Post
    The match was too short...
    The first 3 shots are their strngth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^
    what do you mean ??

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    The first 3 shots are their strngth
    Quote Originally Posted by drquick View Post
    ^^
    what do you mean ??
    Serve, serve return, and the return of the serve return.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Any pair that has Hendra in it is a lethal combination!

Hendra is like Buddha. He is so calm and almost gentle, he transmits a feeling of harmony to his partner. Any man who can harness a raging Kido and yet give him the space to indulge in his pyrotechnics, is a saint. He's like, "Yah, go! go crazy -don't worry, I'm here." Hendra and Kido were like the buddha and the whirling dervish. Maybe Hendra and Ahsan can do it again.

And such deceptively fast hands!! That is the trademark of all the legendary INA mens doubles players. Unbelievably fast hands and wicked, evil trickery! Hendra makes his partners believe in themselves. And I'm sure they totally adore him.

Hendra is the gentle giant. The only thing he doesn't do is apologize every time he wins a match.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast