User Tag List

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I asked Hendra "Will you go for the second Olympic Gold?" He said "Yes I will, that the target its not easy with many rising young pair but i still believe my experience can help" Focus tu amat penting..

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In the Malaysia open final md against Ko / Lee, Setiawan was displaying his usual amazing front court forte. But what was amazing was Ahsan... he was playing with such fire and skill, from everywhere on court, front, mid, back! He was playing like a man possessed! I don't recall seeing him playing this well before. An amazing replacement to fill in Kido's shoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still like Hendra's forecourt control compared to Lee.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope with the Rexy in charge as Head of PBSI in training & development, could help this pair raising up to their very best. Agreed with visor, Hendra like he was well known of, but Ahsan smashed like crazy, if they continue to perform like this, they would be better pair than Kido/Hendra since Ahsan is better in agility than kido.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The strong points of this pair is that both are good at the net - so there is no issue if they get rotated because they won't be out of position.

While they are not the hardest smashers in the game, the trick had always been about making your smashes count, and not how hard you smash. In fact, they sacrificed smashing power for better steepness, making it less susceptible to go long in drifting conditions. Knowing that they cannot compete in power, both Indonesians set up shop closer to the net to intercept loose returns.

But most importantly, is the patience to play the slow pace, with the shuttle kept low and dipping once it passes the net. Both the Chinese and Koreans tried to apply more pace when the shuttle had already gone down, but the by product of that is that the returns came about too loose at midcourt level. Excellent tactics.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, the way to win in MD, especially with the current top pairs are quite even in terms of skills, is mostly using the right tactics.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

congrats to the sandra(weird nickname) pair

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by limsy View Post
    congrats to the sandra(weird nickname) pair
    hahahaha.... lol....
    interesting nickname

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jks_niceguy View Post
    Malaysian coach, Tan Kim Her, did not see Ahsan/Hendra as a future potential threat....

The success of top men pair Koo Kien Keat-Tan Boon Heong in the Denmark Open will depend very much on whether they can coup with handful of new pairings they will be up against in Odense.
    Hosts Denmark, South Korea, Indonesia and China have split some of their top pairs and are all trying out new combinations but unfortunately for Kien Keat-Boon Heong, they will be facing one of the most dangerous new pairings in the form of Lee Yong-dae-Ko Sung-hyun of South Korea in the opening round.
    The pair are making their international debut. Yong-dae and Chung Jae-sung won the bronze at the August London Olympics after which the latter decided to retire leaving Yong-dae to pair up with Sung-hyun in Denmark.
    The other new partnerships hoping to make a mark are South Korea’s Shin Baek-cheol-Yoo Yeon-seong; Indonesia’s Mohd Ahsan-Hendra Setiawan and Bona Septano-Afiat Yuris Wirawan; China’s Zhang Nan-Chai Biao. Denmark will be blooding their new pairs Rasmus Bonde-Mads Conrad-Petersen and Jonas Rasmussen-Joachim Fischer Nielsen.
    National doubles chief coach Tan Kim Her expects a major shift in the pecking order starting with the Denmark Open.
    ‘We did not split our top pair but many have done so. This will surely see some changes in the ranking order by the end of this year,” said Kim Her. “I think, Yong-dae-Sung-hyun are set to grow into a formidable pair but it will not happen immediately. They may take some time to adapt.
    “I reckon the match against Koo-Tan in the first round of the Denmark Open will be equally contested. After all, this is Yong-dae-Sung-hyun’s first match as a pair.
    “For now, I see South Korea’s two new combinations and China’s Zhang Nan-Chai Biao as the ones with immense potential to develop into strong pairings.
    “Indonesia’s former world and Olympic champion Hendra has teamed up with Ahsan but I do not see this partnership going far. Age is catching up on Hendra and his form has dropped.” (www.bam.org.my)

What do you think guys?
    this show his shortsight!
    great slap on his face by winning infront of his country

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hendra/ahsan is relatively new pair thus their weaknesses has not been fully exposed...

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    Hendra/ahsan is relatively new pair thus their weaknesses has not been fully exposed...
    in yesterday's final game, i don't think anyone can point out any weaknesses...

now, it'd be interesting to see them take on bo/mo and fu/cai so see how they fare against the top 4 in the world

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surely a pair to watch out in the near future..
    Hendra is slowly finding his 'touch' on court and ahsan is beginning to play a better game with hendra as a partner..
    AS long as they keep the momentum going and train more in their weaknesses, i believe they can click together and achieve something in 2016 og.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fitness is something they could definitely do better at - and speed.

The Indonesian MD game is not normally designed on speed, but at least having speed of movement could allow for control of critical situations when the opponents try to bear down on you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hendra was serving quite badly in the beginning of the first-set. I counted there was at least 3 service errors from him. You hardly see that from him in his earlier career.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blurry D View Post
    I asked Hendra "Will you go for the second Olympic Gold?" He said "Yes I will, that the target its not easy with many rising young pair but i still believe my experience can help" Focus tu amat penting..
    you din ask him whtr his arcs7 gen2 is 2u or 3u ka?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    He was playing like a man possessed! I don't recall seeing him playing this well before.
    i thought ahsan always smash like that! he got the authenthic ina md 'style'. not many ina md players play tat way anymore, thats why ina md doing badly in recent years.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pictures taken from badmintonindonesia.org (PBSI website)

Name:  ahsn cs 4c mo.jpg
Views: 1098
Size:  44.9 KBName:  hendra cs 3h mo.jpg
Views: 785
Size:  76.8 KBName:  hendra cs 8h mo.jpg
Views: 891
Size:  61.1 KB

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast