User Tag List

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast
Results 188 to 204 of 237
  1. #188
    Regular Member huangkwokhau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    18,440
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by senior888 View Post
    Man already landed on the moon in the sixties. so all that variables are
    nothing. The problem I understand here is that the victor shuttles used are
    slower and that should not be allowed to happen.
    Even it is Victor open, Li Ning shuttlecock was being used thru out the tournament...I know it is strange

  2. #189
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    207
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by senior888 View Post
    Man already landed on the moon in the sixties. so all that variables are
    nothing. The problem I understand here is that the victor shuttles used are
    slower and that should not be allowed to happen.
    As i know, Victor only sponsor for money and some apparel at China Super Series. Victor not sponsor for shuttlecock and court gear. Also Victor shuttlecock have standard for speed, and normally for super series tournament will be tested by profesional player. So, for shuttle speed and bla-bla are nothing.

  3. #190
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    malaysia
    Posts
    3,901
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huangkwokhau View Post
    Even it is Victor open, Li Ning shuttlecock was being used thru out the tournament...I know it is strange
    I thought regardless of brands, the shuttle for international tournament are all standard in terms of weight and etc a.

  4. #191
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Posts
    631
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The Koreans' new pair YYS/LYD recently reached the rise very quickly like Ahsan/Hendra and they have succeeded to anticipate Ahsan/Hendra and won 3 times. What can Harry IP do to prepare Ahsan/Hendra for this pair? I would like to see Rexy to be there himself and give his input since he is a MD specialist. I often see LYB in attendance on court.

  5. #192
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    2,876
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by indrg View Post
    The Koreans' new pair YYS/LYD recently reached the rise very quickly like Ahsan/Hendra and they have succeeded to anticipate Ahsan/Hendra and won 3 times. What can Harry IP do to prepare Ahsan/Hendra for this pair? I would like to see Rexy to be there himself and give his input since he is a MD specialist. I often see LYB in attendance on court.
    Ahsan is not 100%, I wouldn't worry too much ATM. At their normal best Ahsan/Hendra is still unbeatable

  6. #193
    Regular Member jasontyh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Malaysia
    Posts
    105
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    into the finals. congrats. congrats

  7. #194
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    18,434
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    With their victory in Malaysia, Mohd Ahsan/Hendra Setiawan should win the MVP title that is awarded to the best performing player/pair as promised by the new regime of PBSI.

    And what a year they had, ending it at the no 1 WR position, winning 2 major titles (World Championships and the SS Finals) as well as 4 other SS titles (Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, and Japan). They only lost 9 times this year:
    - 3 times to fellow INA pairs in GPG tourneys (Kido/Alvent, Rian/Angga, and Ronald/Selvanus)
    - 1 time to Kim Ki Jung/Kim Sa Rang (Korea SSP R32, which they avenged...twice in the SSF Group Stage and Final).
    - 2 times to Liu Xiaolong/Qiu Zihan (AE SF and SSF Group Stage)
    - 3 times to Lee Yong Dae/Yoo Yeon Seong (Denmark SSP Final, French SS R32, and China SSP SF)

    So practically, they only lost to 3 non-INA pairs throughout the year. Undoubtedly, the big tourneys next year will be: All England (Hendra is still missing this major title), Thomas Cup, World Championships, and the Asian Games 2014.

    The 2 major rivals will obviously be Liu/Qiu (if they meet up....but this pair is very inconsistent and likely to lose to other pairs first) and Lee/Yoo (the true nemesis....having beaten the INA pair 3 times in the past 3 tourneys).

  8. #195
    Regular Member clawhammers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    680
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Totally Agree

    They deserve the MVP title for this year (and also the handsome bonus promised by PBSI)

    Hahaha

  9. #196
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    214
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by indrg View Post
    The Koreans' new pair YYS/LYD recently reached the rise very quickly like Ahsan/Hendra and they have succeeded to anticipate Ahsan/Hendra and won 3 times. What can Harry IP do to prepare Ahsan/Hendra for this pair? I would like to see Rexy to be there himself and give his input since he is a MD specialist. I often see LYB in attendance on court.
    Can't agree more! Rexy has proven his magic hand on coaching the MD! He has done it with Koo/Tan in Malaysia, not to mention he's a gold medalist in the MD of the Olympics.

  10. #197
    Regular Member AlanY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    4,441
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markuswair View Post
    Can't agree more! Rexy has proven his magic hand on coaching the MD! He has done it with Koo/Tan in Malaysia, not to mention he's a gold medalist in the MD of the Olympics.
    some might consider that as a complete failure!

  11. #198
    Regular Member clawhammers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Jakarta
    Posts
    680
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If I'm not mistaken, their failure began since the termination of Rexy's contract.

  12. #199
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indonesia
    Posts
    214
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlanY View Post
    some might consider that as a complete failure!
    Agree with @clawhammer ! Koo/Tan was at their best when they are under Rexy's coaching. That's before they went downhill following Rexy's termination.

  13. #200
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    lendut
    Posts
    58
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by badMania View Post
    With their victory in Malaysia, Mohd Ahsan/Hendra Setiawan should win the MVP title that is awarded to the best performing player/pair as promised by the new regime of PBSI.

    And what a year they had, ending it at the no 1 WR position, winning 2 major titles (World Championships and the SS Finals) as well as 4 other SS titles (Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, and Japan). They only lost 9 times this year:
    - 3 times to fellow INA pairs in GPG tourneys (Kido/Alvent, Rian/Angga, and Ronald/Selvanus)
    - 1 time to Kim Ki Jung/Kim Sa Rang (Korea SSP R32, which they avenged...twice in the SSF Group Stage and Final).
    - 2 times to Liu Xiaolong/Qiu Zihan (AE SF and SSF Group Stage)
    - 3 times to Lee Yong Dae/Yoo Yeon Seong (Denmark SSP Final, French SS R32, and China SSP SF)

    So practically, they only lost to 3 non-INA pairs throughout the year. Undoubtedly, the big tourneys next year will be: All England (Hendra is still missing this major title), Thomas Cup, World Championships, and the Asian Games 2014.

    The 2 major rivals will obviously be Liu/Qiu (if they meet up....but this pair is very inconsistent and likely to lose to other pairs first) and Lee/Yoo (the true nemesis....having beaten the INA pair 3 times in the past 3 tourneys).
    denmark open final, china open round 1, hongkong open semi final.

    they didn't play in french open.

  14. #201
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,508
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    To be fair , honestly I think they did better than their team mate , Ahmad /Nasir

  15. #202
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Jkt-Indo
    Posts
    8,628
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    The first target in 2014 for Ahsan/Setiawan should be All England, this oldest tourney is so elusive, even when Hendra Setiawan paired up with Markis Kido, they failed to win AE title. Last year, they stopped at semifinal by the eventual winner Liu XL/Qiu ZH, hopefully they can make it this year

  16. #203
    Regular Member otidh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Bandung
    Posts
    196
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Congratulations Ahsan for hist first baby...!! It's a baby girl...

    What a great news to start the new year!!



    src: http://badmintonindonesia.org/app/in...ail.aspx?/2421

  17. #204
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    144
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Just wondering, Mohd Ahsan's smash is so power, is it due to:

    1) His strength,
    2) The racket or
    3) The right way to smash?

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •