Badminton shoe recommendation please

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by triambukh, Aug 31, 2012.

1. triambukh

triambukh Regular Member

Hari
    Hello,

I am a decently competitive player in the US, I play doubles and some mixed. My old shoes are dead (head dont remm the exact model). Need recommendations for good shoes, I do get some pain on my knees after playing and I weigh 193 lbs, so looking for some cushioning. Budget is not a big concern (can go upto 150 $ or so). I looked at the shoe review thread but it seems slightly older, any recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Jonster

Jonster Regular Member

University Student
    I would personally suggest the SH9000 ACE. In terms of longevity, the gum rubber to the inside of your feet on the sole are a more durable rubber to reduce the wear and tear. I find with my shoes, the insides of my soles rub off and deteriorate as I lunge, generally on the left side I think. I end up sliding my back foot as I lunge forward.

With the Victor SH9000 Ace, there is minimal wear and tear as compared to my Yonex SHB100LTD, SHB101, and SHB85 Ltd.

For your knees, the insoles that Yonex or Victor provides have little cushioning. You should purchase insoles from a specialized company for shock absorbtion and the pounding on your legs. Search for Superfeet or Polysorb insoles. I currently use Dr. Scholls Gel Sport and they have really helped. I did have minimal soreness in my knees using the stock wave insoles from Yonex/Victor but they have been long gone since I got the new insoles.

3. triambukh

triambukh Regular Member

Hari
    Thanks Jon, which insole would you recommend I see a lot of options in polysorb? and in superfeet i guess it is the orange?

4. Nightbird

Nightbird Regular Member

Polysorb Total support are the ones designed for our type of sport.I have a pair in my Yonex SHB 85 and they do make a difference.I also recently purchased Vicot SHB9000 ace but haven't tried them out yet but the shoe has had rave reviews and attractive as well.

5. visor

visor Regular Member